Thread: dev/sdb unable to inform kernel, EFI creation fail

dev/sdb unable to inform kernel, EFI creation fail

Hi, I've been trying fight to install kali Linux now for 2 days, and it keeps being stuck at making the disk partitions. I have the installer file (about 2.9gb),32gb USB flash drive, and laptop. I've tried both Rufus and etcher, most times after making the boot file the USB stick remain raw/unallocated from disk management, I'm not sure if it's OK. Also I don't find anything to mirror or image, I have downloaded the disk imager32 or whatever it is, but it can't find the file from anywhere so I didn't do it. However, the kali comes when I open the laptop, and the installation goes great mostly until the disk partitions. but doesn't matter which I've picked there, it keeps tell me following:

Partitionts) 1, 2 on /dev/sdb have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because they are in use. As a use. You should reboot now before making further changes.

Then I click ignore, it gives:

Failed to create a file system. The efi file system creation in partition #1 of SCS14 (0,0,0) (sdb) failed.

The fact you mention unallocated from disk management means your on windows..

thats normal, once the USB is created Windows doesn't understand the format, ignore it just close the message.

You didn't say which VM solution your using, Virtual Box?

In the VM settings don't choose EFI choose legacy BIOS and make the disk at least 20GB size.