~ % sudo lb build (master) [12:46PM]
    zsh: correct 'build' to '.build' [nyae]? n
    [2013-03-26 12:46:42] lb build
    P: Executing auto/build script.
    [2013-03-26 12:46:42] lb build noauto
    [2013-03-26 12:46:43] lb bootstrap
    P: Setting up cleanup function
    [2013-03-26 12:46:43] lb bootstrap_cache restore
    P: Restoring bootstrap stage from cache...
    [2013-03-26 12:46:43] lb bootstrap_cdebootstrap
    P: Begin bootstrapping system...
    [2013-03-26 12:46:43] lb testroot
    P: If the following stage fails, the most likely cause of the problem is with your mirror configuration or a caching proxy.
    P: Running cdebootstrap (download-only)...
    E: Can't find keyring /usr/share/keyrings/kali-archive-keyring.gpg
    P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
    P: Saving caches...
    chroot: failed to run command `/usr/bin/env': No such file or directory

Do I need to link /usr/bin/env to the chroot dir ?

Building Kali in debian wheezy + LXDE

So finalyy I got Kali build! What an effort!!!
    Here are the problems and solutions with wheezy. I built kali/i386 with LXDE on an amd64 system, debian/wheezy. Also added some software for German needs.
    Please read my documentation very carefully!

Prerequisits:

1. Yes, you have to link env to chroot as suggested
    2. Add kali repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list of the debian system.
    3. Add debian/experimental to your /etc/apt/sources list of the debian system.
    4. Run apt-get update.
    5. Install syslinux and syslinux-common from exprimental to your debian system. Why? You will need ldlinux.c32, libcom32.c32 and libutil.c32. They are NOT in the wheezy package AND kali-package of syslinux.

6. Now install live-build-config as told in the kali-documentation.
    7. Edit your configuration to your needs as described in the kali-documentation. Choose your favorite windowmanager. This is described in the kali-documentation as well.
    8. IMPORTANT: To be enable to change language settings for kexboard etc, add the following packages: console-setup, kbd, console-data and console-common.
    9. You will add iceweasel, so add iceweasel and iceweasel-l10n-de
    9. An e-mail application will be nice, too? Add icedove and icedove-l10n-de.
    10. I suggest to add wicd-gtk, lynx, bluewho, mc, nvidia-glx, nvidia-kernel-686-pae:386 and libgl1-nvidia-glx:i386

11. Remove the entry for debian/experimental from /etc/apt/sources.list of your debian system.

Building

12. Now go into your ~/live-build-config and run the following command: lb clean --purge && lb config --architecture i386 && lb build

13. The build will start, but it will crash!!! Don't hesitate, here are the solutions.

14. After first crash manually copy ldlinux.c32, libcom32.c32 and libutil.c32 from /usr/lib/syslinux of your debian system to ~/live-build-config/chroot/usr/lib/syslinux/

15. Delete the content of ~/live-build-config/binary/isolinux/, otherwise it crashes again!

16. Run lb build again, it may crash again, so create the following directories in ~/live-build-config/binary/live/ -> vmlinuz, initrd.img and vmlinuz-*
    The last one must be named with a reals asterix, it is no joker!

17. Run lb build again, now it should work fine!

18. Hint: Next time you can add the command -> && wodim binary.hybrid.iso to the command at point 12., and have an empty DVD in your burner, so it will be automatically burned.

Good luck folks! Have joy!

Best regards

Hans

So, now I need some help. After building the ISO as described above, I wanted to change some settings.
    In fact I want to preconfigure a German environment and add some packages, which are NOT in kali or debian repository.
    The packages i wanted to add, is jnetmap and default-jre.

So I did chroot ~/live-build-config/chroot/ but I could neither get a network connection nor could I install additional packages, even, if they are in my chroot.

With BackTrack this was still possible, but live-build or kali seem to use another structure. So how can I use the chroot in live-build-config as if I am in a normal system?

Maybe it is important: the chroot is 32-bit, while my native system is debian/amd64.

Thanks for any hints.

Regards

Hans

How do you link env to chroot ?