Creating Shared Folders with the Host System
  • In order to share folders on your host system with your Kali Linux VM, there are a few short steps that need to be completed.
  • From the VirtualBox Manager, select your Kali Linux VM instance and click on the 'Shared Folders' link in the right window pane. This will launch a pop up window for adding shared folders. Within this window click the icon to add a folder (the icon is a Folder with a '+' on it).
  • In the Folder Path text box, provide the path to the folder you would like to share, or click the drop-down arrow to browse your host system for the path. Select the check boxes that allow for 'Auto-mount' and 'Make Permanent' and click the OK button both times when prompted.

Your shared folders will now be available in the media directory. You can create a bookmark or link for easier access to the directory.
Hello,
I dont want to infect my host system (OSX). How can i protect my host if i share a folder with VM which contains Kali? Otherwise, what are the tips or things that i can do to secure my host system? I'm very new to Virtual machines and Kali.. Please guide me.

Thanks.