Thread: Is it possible to create a MULTIBOOT USB with Kali + persistence?

Is it possible to create a MULTIBOOT USB with Kali + persistence?

Hello, I just got started with Kali Linux a week ago. I am using the Live USB version and now I'm realizing that having persistence might be a good idea. There are some tutorials out there showing how it can be done and it looks easy with tools like Rufus on Windows. However the thing is I am using a Multiboot USB containing some other ISOs like one for a a live GPARTED distro that allows me to resize all partitions on my computer. I am using a tool called Ventoy for the multiboot setup. Ventoy does support persistence but the instructions on its website were rather difficult for me to follow. I was wondering if I could simply partition the drive myself into two volumes: one for ventoy + GPARTED + Kali and the other for the live Kali persistence?

What would be the best way of going about this. I finally want a multiboot USB with two ISOs: one for GPARTED, one for live Kali + persistence. Any thoughts?

-

but you nailed with "QT3" - this kind of "downgrade" is exactly bringing that "missing library" error message he got. with v4 vs v5 there are not such massive problems.

hi!

Is it possible to create a MULTIBOOT USB with Kali + persistence? Hello, I just got started with Kali Linux a week ago. I am using the Live USB version and now I'm realizing that having persistence might be a good idea. There are some tutorials out there showing how it can be done and it looks easy with tools like Rufus on Windows. However the thing is I am using a Multiboot USB containing some other ISOs like one for a a live GPARTED distro that allows me to resize all partitions on my computer. I am using a tool called Ventoy for the multiboot setup. Ventoy does support persistence but the instructions on its website were rather difficult for me to follow. I was wondering if I could simply partition the drive myself into two volumes: one for ventoy + GPARTED + Kali and the other for the live Kali persistence? What would be the best way of going about this. I finally want a multiboot USB with two ISOs: one for GPARTED, one for live Kali + persistence. Any thoughts?
    You it is serious?

You can't alter partitions on a drive you are actually using, so you cannot boot live Kali from USB and then use that live system to partition that same USB drive.

If you have another live boot linux system, you can alter the USB partition scheme with fdisk and create a new partition in the unused space left on the USB stick for persistence, though it would only have persistence for Kali set up that way (or the GParted OS it can't be persistent for both as 'persistence' is about writing system changes to it).

If you just wanted some storage space for the live ISO's to use, then you just need another partition in the empty space formatted as ext4 that both could read and write files to.