Thread: Win kex showing black screen after running kex --win command in kali terminal

Win kex showing black screen after running kex --win command in kali terminal

After installing kali through microsoft store and running it through wsl2, when i run kex --win command, it works fine for 1st time but when i press F8 and come out of that instance, and then when i run same command kex --win, it just shows black screen and x cursor. I have tried even kex kill or kex stop and then running command again but nothing is working.

Installed it many times in last couIMG-7612.jpgple of days and searched on net too but didn't find answer. Can anyone help.

running kali in WSL is a neutered kali install anyway, use a VM and install it that way..

Are all your windows drivers and windows itself up to date WSL is not a full blown Linux environment its more of a hypervisor..

Yes its windows 11 and up to date. I have installed full version of Kali on WSL and it used to work fine. Now it has this black screen issue after running kex --win command. Tried Virtual box too and it was also not booting up after logging in and plus VM take too much resources of computer so WSL is better that way.
    If you know how to fix this in WSL2, please share your thoughts.

Try running your WSL instance in windowed mode..

Its still not working. I went on this link and read entire post which you shared but it didn't help. Still i am seeing black screen. See the picture which i am attaching here. Screenshot (15).jpg