Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Package Manager for Kali

Yea but I personally like synaptic to find files that your not sure what their name is just scroll down a list

can you help me I'm newbie ,,i work it apt-get install synaptic,,,but i have problem E: pakage synaptic has no instalation candidate...
    how shd i change my path to root ?
    Thanks in advance

I was looking for the same answer to installing Synaptic, seems like I had it but it's gone. Instead of 3 persons getting an answer the thread in stonewalled by a jackass "my way or the highway", "just sudo apt-get my dik outta your mouth".... Sorry but not everyone wants to use same method as you, it's not any less valid or make someone a "lessor Kali user", like the noob above said it provides (at least for me) a way to browse, read descriptions, and LEARN about software I didn't even know existed. God forbid you even mis-spell while apt-get installing let alone just try to seek something in the SDR field and not know what is available in that field.... We get it, you are "hard core BRO" you change TV channels with command line from your rooted android device running BlackArch, but could someone else maybe help us weak mortals find how to install Synaptic? apt-get is not working. Thank you in advance

Please Fixed For me

Quote Originally Posted by akudadang View Post
    kali already have package manager. just in "system tools > add/remove software".

if you want to install synaptic,just install it.
    root@roots:~# apt-get install synaptic
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package synaptic is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'synaptic' has no installation candidate
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=2]
    There is no god but You're Glory I oppressors[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

hello check your.. etc/apt/sources.list file compare to http://docs.kali.org/general-use/kal...t-repositories

:~# apt-get install synaptic
    Building dependency tree
    synaptic is already the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by much_hustle View Post
    I was looking for the same answer to installing Synaptic, seems like I had it but it's gone. Instead of 3 persons getting an answer the thread in stonewalled by a jackass "my way or the highway", "just sudo apt-get my dik outta your mouth".... Sorry but not everyone wants to use same method as you, it's not any less valid or make someone a "lessor Kali user", like the noob above said it provides (at least for me) a way to browse, read descriptions, and LEARN about software I didn't even know existed. God forbid you even mis-spell while apt-get installing let alone just try to seek something in the SDR field and not know what is available in that field.... We get it, you are "hard core BRO" you change TV channels with command line from your rooted android device running BlackArch, but could someone else maybe help us weak mortals find how to install Synaptic? apt-get is not working. Thank you in advance
    Man, thank you! Tried to uninstall some stuff I (think) i don't need to make same space, but the apt-get auto/remove want to uninstall other stuff that sounds important so ... i'm in the dark. You can't read about 100pakages that have 1000 dependencies - time is money. Software these days (for some ppl) is just something to make it easy BECAUSE they don't have time anymore reading all the --man's ... So yes, if you want to help just help, if not ... quiet?

Anyway...still haven't figure a way to uninstall stuff like arduino or bluetooth alone

Hi,

I've installed Synaptic PM, but the problem is that download is very slow. Now, on Ubuntu for example, you can select server country, while on Kali you cannot. Is there any solution for a faster downloading speed with Synaptic PM??

Regards

Code:
    root@kali:~# apt-get install synaptic
    Building dependency tree       

root@kali:~#
    what now? help please. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martimarti View Post
    Code:
    root@kali:~# apt-get install synaptic
    Building dependency tree       

root@kali:~#
    what now? help please. thanks
    Read post 15

dude ,
    its seems to be problem with your source list.... follow the link and check it out : https://www.blackmoreops.com/2015/08...-repositories/