Thread: Does my phone need to be rooted to use all the kali tools.

Does my phone need to be rooted to use all the kali tools.

I dont have a rooted phone but installed Kali and was wondering if certain programs wont work even if you are in root in kali.
    I tried running nmap scans with the -sU command it and returns an error and when I googled it, it said it was from the phone not being rooted.
    During the tutorial from your site though it mentions that you can get root access and use programs with root through chroot it looks like, unless I read that wrong.
    Basically does my phone need to be rooted in order to get the full experience of kali or is there a way for kali to run properly in root without the phone being rooted?
    I am able to access chroot --help which leads me to believe its installed but I dont know if it actually gives full root acces.

Im sure this question has been asked before my appologizes, first time using your forums.

Actually it is probably a permissions issue, later versions of Android, version 11 and 12 certainly, when any application wants to use the wireless adapter the app has to have location permission allowed for it to be able to work..