Thread: Trying to install Nethunter on Nexus 5+ that has Lineage-15.1 on?

Trying to install Nethunter on Nexus 5+ that has Lineage-15.1 on?

I have looked and looked and still can't find any help so I thought I'd ask! I've been using Kali for the best part of 2 years and decided to give Nethunter a go.

Got myself a Nexus 5+, installed

• twrp-3.6.2_9-0-bullhead.img
    • lineage-15.1-20220321-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead (rebooted after install)
    • Magisk-v25.2 (rebooted and verify app)

Got it rooted OK with Magisk, checked with Root Checker Basic.

So far so good.

Now I boot back into TWRP and try flashing:

• nethunter-2022.2b-bullhead-oreo-kalifs-full

Which gets me to boot and the flaming Kali logo, then after 30 mins I'm still looking at it!

I also tried wiping it all and flashing the first three again then tried a different flavor of Nethunter and tried to flash:

• nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling-2019.03-13-0514
    • kernel-nethunter-bullhead-nougat-2019.03-13-0514 (I realise this is nougat and lineage 15.1 is Android 8.1 Oreo but thought it was worth a shot)

For a 3rd attempt I wiped and installed factory official 8.1 Oreo, then TWRP, then Magisk (same version as above), then the Nethunter directly from Nethunter.

AND as a last ditch attempt I wiped and installed factory official 8.1 Oreo, then TWRP, then Magisk.... THEN I transferred to internal storage:

• KaliNethunter-v8.2(22).zip
    • kalifs-full.tar.xz

Then with Magisk I installed KaliNethunter-v8.2(22).zip, rebooted and opened the Nethunter app and used Kali Chroot Manager, however 'apt-get updates', 'apt-get install firmware-atheros' and 'ifconfig wlan1' doesn't work and it's just keeps giving me the error it's outdated plus it doesn't feel as baked in as if I was flashing it via TWRP!?

Soooooooo can anyone point me in the right direction of how to get this done please?

A lot of XDA posts are outdated or contain broken links.

I will caveat and say that this is not my everyday phone and understand the roms are not patched to the latest.

Thank you

From my time with custom ROMS on Android I do know this, the bootloader kernel version and the overlaid OS version have to be a match, and on the Nethunter page it looks like thre Nexus 5 images are based on Marshmallow, so start with a very much earlier TRWP boot image that supports Marshmallow and then try again..