Thread: Cant seem to get the DECLOAKED SSID When running Airodump and also even deauthing...{help}

Exclamation Cant seem to get the DECLOAKED SSID When running Airodump and also even deauthing...{help}

So here is what Ive typed: (This is using the newest kali and in LIVE Mode (booting from USB Flash drive) using a TP Link 1.1 usb wifi..
    sudo airmon-ng check kill
    sudo airmon-ng start wlan0mon
    sudo airodump-ng wlan0mon (lists wifi ap's)
    sudo airodump-ng -c x(channel # of hidden) wlan0mon
    sudo iwconfig wlanmon0 channel XX
    and in a SECOND Terminal window I DEAUTH:
    aireplay-ng -0 0 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx(MAC of hidden) wlan0mon

Only thing I REALLY See happening is the POWER SIGNAL of the MAC im deauthing (to get the wifi name(ssid) starts going sporadic from like 70 down to 20ish or 30ish.. It never seems to appear under PROBE the Name of the SSID....

have a look at airgeddon, it will walk you through the steps by asking what you want to do..

thanks on the reply ! Ive googled airgeddon unhide ssid uncloak and also looked it up on YT... do you know is there a tutorial anywhere to running it ? Or executing it ? im new to linux/kali ! thanks !!

Just use airgeddon from the Kali menu!

You don't need an SSID hiding SSID means nothing bat all, networking is about MAC addresses!

Airgeddon uses airmon and several other tools all in one.

De authentication is not guaranteed, and very often you might have to tweak your commands to get it to work, most access points and clients reconnect too quickly to notice any change,

And to de-authenticate someone you normally have to change your MAC address to match the access point before the client will take any notice of the request..

Thanks for the above info Fred ! Im new to kali(and linux in general)...
    Never knew ya probably had to clone the mac thanks for that tip also.

I searched on youtube and google for the command line for airgeddon cant really find much for deauthing or the cloning etc... Any suggestions would really be apprecaited ! thanks again so much !!

airgeddon is a wrapper tool, it uses many of Kali installed wifi tools automatically for you, and automates all the steps, just run it;

sudo airgeddon

Or you can launch it from the main Kali menu, you'll end up at the same place

Once you have used it a few times, you will then have a good idea of the steps needed for different types of attacks if you want to do everything manually!

https://www.kali.org/tools/airgeddon/

If you want some good screenshots of what it does, look here;

https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...ki/Screenshots

Thanks so much ! Again im new to linux and learning it !! thanks

Fred Ive run/ran airgeddon Jsut a quick ? if you dont mind... I had read I need to CLONE the MAC of my wifi card (tplink v1) to the SAME MAC as the Wifi Router I wanna do a deauth to..... Do I do that in like airemon/or/aireplay ? If So I can google for the command unless you happen to have the time to type it ! thanks again !!

You can use macchanger, its already installed in Kali;

macchanger -h