Thread: Possible to create a readonly percistent volume

Possible to create a readonly percistent volume

Hello, i want to to add aditional software to the live system. But after that i want to use it like a normal live system (only readable) and dont wont to store any temporary data on this drive?

I thought it might be some how possible by creating a persitent volume and on start loading it into ramdisc.
    Do someone know if something like this is possible with any linux live system?

Once you have a system 'as you want it', you could create your own 'Live' ISO image from it;

https://www.kali.org/docs/developmen...stom-kali-iso/

Ok, this article describe how to create a custom live image. It also describe how to install packages. Thats sounds good so far. But how can i install concret a application like virtualBox? For this i think i need more then only add `virtualbox` as entry to the `kali.list.chroot` file.

Well you could always search the forum...

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-configuration

I've been using Thunderbird on linux mint for more than a year. I have the profile and folders on a FAT32 volume ("/media/data"). While away from home, the laptop lost power and it seems like it didn't hibernate per the power options. Since then, when I run Thunderbird, the entire /media/data volume becomes read-only. I can open a terminal window and run sudo mount /media/data -o remount,rw. This resets it for a short time orionautodetailing- I can sometimes download some of my mail (multiple accounts), but it will shortly thereafter turn the whole volume read-only again. This problem's persistent across a shutdown, and happens even when Tbird is the only application being run. The volume stays read-write if I'm not running Tbird. The drive has over 70GB free. I also tried this command: sudo mount -o remount,uid=1000,gid=1000,rw /dev/sda8
    Last edited by miafrance; 2022-09-21 at 11:22.