Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Build a Custom Kali ISO

Live Build a Custom Kali ISO

Building a Kali ISO is easy, fun and rewarding. You can configure virtually every aspect your your custom Kali ISO build, using the Debian live-build scripts. These scripts allow easy building of Live system images by providing a framework that uses a configuration set to automate and customize all aspects of building the image. We have adopted these scripts and use them for official Kali ISO releases.

To read the full document, check our Live Build a Custom Kali ISO article.

If you have any issues with this procedure, please post them in this thread.

On Ubuntu 12.10 'lb config' does not recognize two parameters, on Kali amd64 live cd 'git clone git://git.kali.org/cdimage.kali.org' fails with the following: 'Cloning into 'cdimage.kali.org'...
    fatal: remote error: repository not exported: /cdimage.kali.org
    '

Check http://www.kali.org/downloads/ :

apt-get install git live-build cdebootstrap
    git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git
    cd live-build-config
    lb config
    lb build

I am using Kali linux amd64 edition. I tried to create a custom iso but when I ran the apt-get command it complains about missing live-build and cdebootstrap packages. Please help.

Code:
    root@kali:~# apt-get install git live-build cdebootstrap
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package live-build is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'live-build' has no installation candidate
    E: Unable to locate package cdebootstrap

5. viraniac, I had the same issue at first, to resolve it do an apt-get update command.

Hello everybody,
    I went through the whole process, and now my "lb build" command is over.
    But now I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do. Shall I burn the resulting directories on a CD to get an installable iso?
    What part exactly shall I use to have my custom iso? How can I use what to install the result?
    I never did this kind of work before.

Thank you for your help.

Some hints when building with LXDE:

If you want to switch to other keyboard layout than US (in my case it is German), add these packages in the main section of "~/live-build-config/config/package-lists/kali.lists.chroot":
    kbd
    console-data
    console-common

You should also add the packages for iceweasel and icedove there:
    iceweasel
    iceweasel-l10n-de
    icedove
    icedove-l10n-de

I suggest also add some nice stuff (those, I prefer, maybe you, too?)
    wicd-gtk
    lynx
    bluewho
    mc

And last but not least, accelerator drivers for your nice graphics card (in my case it is nvidia). Please prefer your architecture. In my case it is 32-bit (i386)
    nvidia-kernel-686-pae:i386
    nvidia-glx

Best results I get by cleaning old stuff, build the new stuff and burn it directly:

lb clean --purge && lb config --architecture i386 && lb build && wodim [Path-to-your-new-image]/binary.hybrid.iso

Good luck!

Hans

8. Syatan, after the process finishes, there should be an ISO file that was made. You can use dd or transfer the file to a windows machine and use the win32disk imager program or burn the iso to a disk. ^^ That's pretty much it, and you are set to go. Also, take a look at here http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/ht...cs.en.html#171 and that should help out as well

i have greate 5 kali linux kde isos ...but all of them have one issue ---> the sniffing/spoofing tools list and the IDS/IPS IDENTiFICATION list is missing ...the code i use is this ---->
    apt-get install git live-build cdebootstrap kali-archive-keyring

gedit config/package-lists/kali.list.chroot
    and delete everything after
    # Graphical desktops depending on the architecture
    #
    # You can replace all the remaining lines with a list of the
    # packages required to install your preferred graphical desktop
    # or you can just comment everything except the packages of your
    # preferred desktop.
    and add instead replace it with

kali-defaults
    kali-root-login
    desktop-base
    kde-plasma-desktop

then

cd live-build-config

lb config --architecture amd64
    sudo lb build

did i somethink wrong here?any help plz?

Hi, trying to build KDE Kali ISO with 64 bit architecture. I followed the guide and when I tried to do lb build, I get "chroot: failed to run command '/user/bin/env': No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr10001 View Post
    Hi, trying to build KDE Kali ISO with 64 bit architecture. I followed the guide and when I tried to do lb build, I get "chroot: failed to run command '/user/bin/env': No such file or directory

Any ideas?
    can you post your chroot file ???need to look what you did wrong....thks

Quote Originally Posted by Nik@S_DaRk View Post
    can you post your chroot file ???need to look what you did wrong....thks
    I am getting the same error message with the default chroot file. This is my output when running lb build - http://pastebin.com/TLiXASP1
    It worked at one point of time for me.

I have one other issue. on all my ubuntu machines that i've tried to do a live build I get 2 errors from lb config. Both are running Ubuntu 13.04 (1 server / 1 desktop)
    Again using the default everything directly after cloning from git. http://pastebin.com/2jCUnTcQ

Quote Originally Posted by darkstormyrain View Post
    I am getting the same error message with the default chroot file. This is my output when running lb build - http://pastebin.com/TLiXASP1

I have one other issue. on all my ubuntu machines that i've tried to do a live build I get 2 errors from lb config. Both are running Ubuntu 13.04 (1 server / 1 desktop)
    Again using the default everything directly after cloning from git. http://pastebin.com/2jCUnTcQ

go under /root/live-build-config/config/package-lists/ and open up kali.list.chroot with your text editor (gedit,leafpad...)and
    delete everything after

#
    # or you can just comment everything except the packages of your
    # preferred desktop.

and add instead replace it with this if you wnt kde

kali-defaults
    kali-root-login
    desktop-base
    kde-plasma-desktop

or this if you wnt gnome

gnome-core
    kali-defaults
    kali-root-login
    desktop-base

save the file and then open up terminal and add this :

apt-get update
    cd live-build-config

lb config --architecture amd64 or --architecture i386 (32bit)
    sudo lb build

Quote Originally Posted by darkstormyrain View Post

if you get error again ..do this
    dpkg --add-architecture amd64
    apt-get update
    cd live-build-config
    lb clean
    lb config --architecture amd64
    sudo lb build

i m not a expert...if you need more help plz visit the oficial documentation: http://docs.kali.org/live-build/live...ustom-kali-iso
    Last edited by Nik@S_DaRk; 2013-04-19 at 08:29.

i have the same problem i using kali 1.2 install in virtualbox
    i find the solution it is remove all after the gonome grapichs
    Last edited by Lancha; 2013-04-28 at 14:16.

just a small technical question, i don't think that should open new thread because of this.:
    is the new kenel in kali repo (linux-image-3.12) is truck as older one was(3.7-trunk) or we should do it ourselves?
    thanks

Thanks bro
    r00tv.org
    moosy.org
    telegram @bondbenz

Not enough space in filesystem

I dont have enough space in my filesystem so I want to build the iso image in other drive. How should I do it ?

Mcr10001- I ran into the same problem, posts from a mailing list suggest it's due to the version of live-build you have installed. Hope that helps a little.

I've been attempting to build a non-PAE i386 image, using a virtual machine running a fresh kali-1.0.6 install, amd 64. I've also tried building with the virtual machine being 32 bit. I've performed all the "update/upgrade/dist-upgrade" procedure on the virtual machines, but they both end up giving me an error "Errors were encountered while processing: dradis, dpkg returned an error (-1)". (At the end of the live-build attempt). The only thing I could find through google was an old post about Backtrack giving that error, I wasn't able to make much from it.

I was just hoping that someone else has gotten this error and could point me in the right direction.

Stupid question but, when you build your own ISO it does save your OS in its entirety (documents, all files)? If so, are all programs included as well and only need to be re-installed?

Say I have eclipse on my kali linux distro, will it be there on my computer when I install the ISO, but I have to install it again?

So after I run all of the the lb build what directory is the ISO in?

Quote Originally Posted by no1453 View Post
    I've been attempting to build a non-PAE i386 image, using a virtual machine running a fresh kali-1.0.6 install, amd 64. I've also tried building with the virtual machine being 32 bit.
    I was just hoping that someone else has gotten this error and could point me in the right direction.
    I had no problems (except due to my own stupity & clumsiness) building several non-PAE isos (mate,lxde,xfce & kde as described on this site) on stock 686 1.0.7 inside VirtualBox. Host is CentOS 6.5, 64 bit.

# lb build -v
    [2014-08-02 19:36:42] lb build -v
    3.0.5-1

# uname -a
    Linux kali 3.14-kali1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.14.5-1kali1 (2014-06-07) i686 GNU/Linux

Perhaps that was one of the bugs that got fixed?

Normally one would do the "git clone" into a directory, and run all the lb commands from in there. It should be in there in the top level.

Or do "find / -iregex ".*\.iso$". It'll turn up somewhere, assuming it didn't fail.

Dear Kali Linux users and Kali Linux support...

I Try so much times rebuild iso image to I486 hardware architecture but i have an errors such as in this tread...
    no free space,
    or failed to run command '/user/bin/env': No such file or directory

Every time when i try build iso image i have fail

I use live 32bit kali linux 1.0.9

I have one important question to @kalisupport : Why the **** you have compiled version i386, i686 and amd64 but not for i486 on your download page??

How I can download i486 kali linux? Where?
    I'm tired and i have no idea how to rebuild the iso file because every times i have fail. I use tutorials from your site: http://docs.kali.org/downloading/liv...ustom-kali-iso
    but it no help for me:
    cd live-build-config
    sed -i 's/686-pae/486/g' auto/config
    lb clean
    lb config --architecture i386
    lb build
    Any ideas?

Just want to mention that building a full 32bit non PAE iso consumes up to nearly 20GB of disk during the build so if you plan on using Kali on a thumb drive as a build OS make sure you use a big one!

I tried building with Kali on a 16GB thumb drive using a partition on the Gentoo host box to build in. It worked fine until 'lb build' at which point it bailed with..

'chroot: failed to run command '/user/bin/env': No such file or directory'

I fiddled about with symlinks etc. for a while with no success and ended up having to use a bigger thumb drive. Never having worked with Live Build before I have no idea if this is usual behavior or whether there is a work around! Couldn't find anything much on the net about it although it seems a few people have had the same problem however their build circumstance was not clear so nought to be gleaned. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks Very Much for any info or enlightenment on this matter!

Need help.

I have a computer with only 4 GBytes HDD and I need only the tools for Wi-Fi. Also I don't need the graphics environment. So I've made my own Custom ISO with this 'kali.list.chroot' file:

----- begin kali.list.chroot ------
    # kali meta-package depends on everything we want
    kali-linux-wireless
    kali-root-login
    kali-defaults
    kali-menu
    kali-debtags
    kali-archive-keyring
    debian-installer-launcher
    alsa-tools
    cryptsetup
    file-roller

# provide l10n for everybody
    locales-all
    console-setup
    kbd
    console-data
    console-common

#if ARCHITECTURES armel armhf
    cgpt
    vboot-utils
    vboot-kernel-utils
    #endif

#if ARCHITECTURES i386 amd64
    firmware-b43legacy-installer
    firmware-b43-installer
    guymager
    #endif

# Extra Firmware
    zd1211-firmware
    firmware-ralink
    firmware-realtek
    firmware-iwlwifi
    firmware-intelwimax
    firmware-ipw2x00
    firmware-atheros
    firmware-bnx2
    firmware-libertas
    bluez-firmware
    firmware-brcm80211

#
    # or you can just comment everything except the package of your
    # preferred desktop.

#if ARCHITECTURES i386 amd64
    # *** GNOME DESKTOP ***
    #gnome-core
    #gnome-brave-icon-theme
    #gnome-shell-extensions
    #nautilus-open-terminal
    #gnome-orca
    #endif

#if ARCHITECTURES armel armhf
    # *** XFCE DESKTOP ***
    #xfce4
    #network-manager-gnome
    #network-manager
    #endif

# *** KDE DESKTOP ***
    # kde-plasma-desktop
    # kdm

# *** LXDE DESKTOP ***
    # lxde

# *** Enlightenment DR17 DESKTOP ***
    # e17

# *** MATE DESKTOP
    # | NOTE: The mate desktop requires other changes to the live config.
    # | See http://docs.kali.org/live-build/cust...op-environment
    # | for details
    # xorg
    # mate-archive-keyring
    # mate-core
    # mate-desktop-environment
    ----- end kali.list.chroot ------

The ISO is compiling OK but is not working properly. When I start the installation from this ISO I'm getting the message:

----- begin message ------
    No kernel modules were found. This is probably due to a mismatch between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel version available in the archive.
    Continue the install without loading kernel modules?
    ----- begin message ------

The ISO also can't be run in the live mode. It gets stuck during the load after the message
    root@kali:~# [ 5.950757] pcnet32 0000:02:01.0 eth0: link up

What I'm doing wrong? How to add kernel modules to the ISO to achieve the proper installation process?

Hello,
    I got an Intel Atom N455 netbook [1GB RAM, 16GB SSD] and wanted to install Kali.
    As thomas86, I followed th steps of the page http://docs.kali.org/downloading/liv...ustom-kali-iso:
    cd live-build-config
    sed -i 's/686-pae/486/g' auto/config
    lb clean
    lb config --architecture i386
    lb build
    I got live-image-i386.hybrid.iso.
    So, tried to install to my netbook:

kali486.jpg

The live mode is fine, but when I tried to install it with the "Install" and "Graphical install" options of the menu... nothing happened.

kali486-2.jpg

So, tried to install from live sesion, but got this:

kali486-3.jpgkali486-3.jpg

That message says:
    Live system kernel and installer kernel don't match
    The installer can only be used if the kernel version of live system (3.18.0-kali1-586) and of the installer (3.18.0-kali1-686-pae) are the same.
    I don't want the pae kernel.
    So. How can I solve this mismatch trouble? or how can I change the Installer kernel and not just the live system kernel?.
    Last edited by Rusok; 2015-02-12 at 17:40.

Should be an easy question. When building a custom ISO does the creation include all packages that have been installed by the host os. I have spent a week setting up my kali os on my laptop and would like to create an ISO with all the additional customizations and package installs(like conky, fingerprint scanner etc). That way if I fubar my OS and i thought i have a few times already, I can quickly just reinstall. Im not dual booting and this is the only OS on the HD.
    Thanks for the help!

for some reason, when i run lb config, it doesn't generate a kali.list.chroot file, everything else that i know of gets generated. i've done this before a ton of times with no issues but then i had issues with my hard drive so i had to reinstall windows which kali is running in virtualbox so i had to reinstall that as well and every since i reinstalled it, i've had issues. any help would be great! thanks in advance! i've tried searching the net for a while looking for answers with no luck

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot247 View Post
    for some reason, when i run lb config, it doesn't generate a kali.list.chroot file, everything else that i know of gets generated. i've done this before a ton of times with no issues but then i had issues with my hard drive so i had to reinstall windows which kali is running in virtualbox so i had to reinstall that as well and every since i reinstalled it, i've had issues. any help would be great! thanks in advance! i've tried searching the net for a while looking for answers with no luck
    I'm having this same problem!!!! (also I am using virtualbox... so i considered this might be related, except that I got this to work in virtualbox last week)
    git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git...... lb config...... and no kali.list.chroot. Also I have tried copying a previous version of the file straight from the git... and lb build would whirr for a long while then quit without dropping an iso.

you are not alone brother, if you find a solution please post it!!! i am really getting behind due to this annoyance.

yea, i've tried kali and ubuntu in a virtualbox, i had to do a little more in ubuntu to get it set up but still no luck. i thought that it might be a virtualbox issue so i booted kali live and tried it and it only made one file in the package-lists folder which their was supposed to be four counting kali.list.chroot so that was even worst and right now, i have arch linux on my desktop which won't work because it's not based on debian but i'm going to either install kali or ubuntu on my laptop (dual-boot not virtualbox) and maybe it'll work and i have some other things to try so yea, i'll definitely let you know if i can get it working and what i did. for some reason, i can't find the answer to the issue anywhere on the net or these forums... ya know...the last time i tried it when it worked was with an earlier version of kali so maybe it's a bug with the newer version and their just isn't a fix yet but i still have the older kali, maybe i'll try that and see. i'll let ya know..

i am in the same boat. i am trying to create a non-pae iso. I am doing it inside a virtual machine/32bit, I used the documentation listed on kali docs for creating a customized iso, however my iso image is about 300MB instead of gb and when it boots it hangs on a kali prompt and nothing happens. There was not kali.list.chroot created either, so I don't know if I am supposed to build it or not?. Plus this question was asked before but no one answer it, does the build supposed to copy everything on your current environment/all packages everything or are you supposed to tell it to do it somehow?

has someone figure out this yet?

I have retried this procedure today.

-Using a (new) virtualbox VM & fresh install of Kali 1.1.0a.

-Fixed /etc/apt/sources.list by adding:
    deb http://http.kali.org kali main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://http.kali.org kali main contrib non-free

-ran apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

-ran through instructions from this guide http://docs.kali.org/kali-dojo/02-mastering-live-build
    *after lb config there was still no config/package-lists/kali.list.chroot
    *ran lb build anyway to see what happened

-I ended up with a live-image-amd64.hybrid.iso ~449MB in size
    *it boots and loads kali, but without any desktop gui or tools included with the normal distro

There are now 3 users posting in this thread with roughly the same problem, and 2 other threads in this sub-forum on the same subject.
    I suspect there is something wrong with the build script in the live-build-config.git but I have not yet figured out how to confirm this.
    Who is in charge of maintaining the git?
    How can he/she/it be contacted to confirm there is (or is not) an issue?

about 300MB instead of gb and when it starts it hangs on a prompt potassium and nothing happened. There is no kali.list.chroot created either, is it necessary to upgrade to 300MB not?

OK! I figured this out.

It seems whatever rocket scientist is in charge of the live-build-config.git has been messing it up for some time. Judging from the last time i checked he has sacked the entire project for months now by only publishing the difference of some code he's trying to update instead of the entire project's code.... smooth move ex-lax!

If you goto git.kali.org (with a web browser) and click on live-build-config.git project (http://git.kali.org/gitweb/?p=live-b....git;a=summary) you will see (way at the bottom at the time of this writing) that there was an edit on 3/12/2015 and then 6/3/2015.....
    These two seem to work (i only tried the 3/12/2015 snapshot, got it to work and threw in the towel since the mod staff here is NOT INTERESTED in helping anyone interested in being part of this community.....

SO: if you look at one of the two entries i mentioned, then look all the way to the right you will see: "commit | commitdiff | tree | snapshot"
    Click snapshot, to download a tarball of the project from that point in time. Extract the files, and you will see config/package-lists/kali.list.chroot..... Extracting the files from the archive replaces the "git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git" step in the process.... instead extract the files, open a terminal and navigate to where you extracted the files, then continue the guide from there (lb config, etc)
    *Note: if you extract the files in this same manner from the latest version of live-build-config.git you will notice config/ directory is missing entirely!!!!! (at the time of this writing)

The iso should come out ~2-3Gigs(+) depending on what packages you included in the build.
    ALso: I got one of the 300Mb .iso outputs to boot in a vm: it appears to be a barebones kali with no programs, and no gui.... so effectively a completely stripped of all programs live debian linux iso... worthless.

Thanks to everyone else who posted about this issue in parallel, since the mods dont care, it at least illuminated the fact that since others were having the same problem I was... it probably wasn't an issue between the keyboard and the chair.

Cheers!

documentation updated, new build.sh works ok!

Hello all,

I'm new to building my own Live Build and I was wondering, if I want to add packages to my iso build, i.e. kali-linux-all, would I put that in the config/package-lists/kali.list.chroot and then build? I would assume yes, but just want to make sure. If I wanted the x64, would I have to build it in a Kali x64?

Thank you in advance.

Hey ghostshellgnome,

Yes, per the Debian Live Build manual, the kali.list.chroot is the best place to put packages you want installed into the live build image. Also, yes you must build an image using a host system with the same arch. I wasn't 100% sure, but double checked the kali-live-config/build.sh code and line 108 checks to make sure your host arch matches the arch you wish to build.

Code:
    # extract from build.sh, line 107-119
    for arch in $KALI_ARCHES; do
    	if [ "$arch" = "$HOST_ARCH" ]; then
    		continue
    	fi
    	case "$HOST_ARCH/$arch" in
    		amd64/i386|i386/amd64)
    		;;
    		*)
    			echo "Can't build $arch image on $HOST_ARCH system." >&2
    			exit 1
    		;;
    	esac
    done

39. Is it true ?
    First off, I am using Ubuntu 14.04.1 x64 but this process should work on almost any version (or subversion) of Ubuntu and Mint. In order to keep your "main" system clean, I recommend creating a virtual install, so for this guide, I will be using LXC. If you haven't already, install LXC. You can use the Software Centre or Synaptic if you like. Being old school, I prefer using the terminal and everything I do will be in ~$ standard terminal command notation:

Code:
    ~$ sudo apt-get install -y lxc

Hi folks,

looks like kali build process has been changed. The usual lb config & lb build will not work correctly any more.
    Instead you have to use ./build.sh --distribution sana --verbose, which will build an English version with English language an English keyboard layout.

Additionally it is not possible, to switch to another language (loadkeys de, for example)

If you want to build for another language, I still found no way. Does someone know more? Pse let me know!

Best

vanguard

Hi,

I'm trying make my own iso with a custom Kali [http://docs.kali.org/development/liv...stom-kali-iso] : Linux 4.0.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.0.4-1+kali2 (2015-06-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I did correctly the first step : apt-get install curl git live-build cdebootstrap

But I have problems with the second step (I had tried many many times) : git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git
    --> /live-build# git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git
    Cloning into 'live-build-config'...
    fatal: unable to connect to git.kali.org:
    git.kali.org[0: 67.23.72.103]: errno=Expiró el tiempo de conexión

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying make my own iso with a custom Kali [http://docs.kali.org/development/liv...stom-kali-iso] : Linux 4.0.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.0.4-1+kali2 (2015-06-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I did correctly the first step : apt-get install curl git live-build cdebootstrap

But I have problems with the second step (I had tried many many times) : git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git
    --> /live-build# git clone git://git.kali.org/live-build-config.git
    Cloning into 'live-build-config'...
    fatal: unable to connect to git.kali.org:
    git.kali.org[0: 67.23.72.103]: errno=Expiró el tiempo de conexión

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance
    Probably you have already solved but you shoud install debootstrap not cdebootstrap any longer.

Yesterday I've tried to make a custom Kali iso with an additional E17 DE. Starting up a VirtualBox vm from the iso, no ethernet card is detected. Doesn't matter, which one I choose, none of them is available during installation either in CLI and GUI mode. If I try to start a live system, I got a normal CLI interface with configured NICs but the live system doesn't start.

Do you have any clue, where to continue?

Is there a "how to" to incorporate "VirtualBox-guest-additions" into my ISO before I build the ISO?

while running lb config, I hit the following error
    Code:
    os13115@darkbox:~/Downloads/live-build-config$ lb config
    [2016-05-06 00:40:35] lb config 
    P: Executing auto/config script.
    ./auto/config: line 55: curl: command not found
    Currently running :
    Code:
     Linux darkbox 4.4.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.4.6-1kali1 (2016-03-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Further, running the command to start live build I hit this error:

Code:
    os13115@darkbox:~/Downloads/live-build-config$ ./build.sh --distribution kali-rolling --variant e17 --verbose
    [2016-05-06 00:43:26] lb clean --purge
    P: Executing auto/clean script.
    [2016-05-06 00:43:26] lb clean noauto --purge
    [2016-05-06 00:43:26] lb clean noauto --all
    P: Cleaning chroot
    find: ‘config/hooks/’: No such file or directory
    [2016-05-06 00:43:27] lb clean noauto --cache
    [2016-05-06 00:43:27] lb config -a amd64 --distribution kali-rolling -- --variant e17
    P: Executing auto/config script.
    ./auto/config: line 55: curl: command not found
    Build of kali-rolling/e17/amd64 live image failed (see build.log for details)
    os13115@darkbox:~/Downloads/live-build-config$
    finally, these are no longer valid mirrors as of release of 2016.1, yet they are inside the config script of /live-build-config/auto....

Code:
     kalisec_mirror=http://archive.kali.org/kali-security
    public_kalisec_mirror=http://security.kali.org/kali-security

When i follow the guide here, I get the .ISO but it doesn't have any of the settings or files or other programs I put on it. Can anyone help me out here? :X
    Thanks in advance.

@Exmix

Examples:
    Firefox settings: /config/includes.chroot/etc/skel/.mozilla/ GIMP: /config/includes.chroot/etc/skel/.gimp-2.8/

I followed instructions at http://docs.kali.org/development/liv...ustom-kali-iso
    and did not get an error, but I haven't found a walk through on what comes next to
    put things on disk.
    I think I found the ISO file
    find / -type f -name “*.iso”
    /root/live-build-config/images/kali-linux-rolling-amd64.iso

Please help, or point me to the next part of the walk-through?

I installed a Kali 2016.2 and added 1 folder to the desktop named "still here."

I next built a custom Kali with simply running the build.sh script. After the build was complete, I noticed the .iso files in the images directory, so I burnt it to a DVD and live booted another system with it. The folder was missing from the desktop. What am I forgetting to do? This was just a test before I proceed with fully configuring a Kali system to my needs. Thank you.

apt-get install curl git live-build cdebootstrap

cd live-build-config
    ./build.sh --distribution kali-rolling --verbose

Waited... then burnt .iso found in images.
    Live booted the new DVD disc.

Hi, to create a 32bit mate iso i need to launch the live usb with kali 32bit, using terminal i have to follow this guide: http://docs.kali.org/development/liv...ustom-kali-iso ,i have write this:

apt install curl git live-build cdebootstrap

cd live-build-config
    ./build.sh --distribution kali-rolling --verbose

afth i have to write this:

# To build a MATE ISO:
    ./build.sh --distribution kali-rolling --variant mate --verbose ;

---------------
    Now i write in succession the script in terminal,and this is the result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5d...ew?usp=sharing

at the end there wos write:
    Code:
    0 upgraded, 2193 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 2121 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 6750 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
    P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
    P: Saving caches...
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    i'm using live version of kali 32bit on a 32gb usb
    Last edited by Rosssiiii; 2017-01-26 at 13:22.