Thread: Nvidia driver install

Nvidia driver install [ solved ]

im not able ton install the nvidia driver for my 9800 Gtx !

what i did is :

download the .run

/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop

sh nvidia ....

then it say that i dont have the linux headers for the install ...

i did install the linux headers ...

still the same !

any solution ?
    Last edited by checkfx; 2013-03-14 at 16:56.

what version of the driver are you trying to install?

I had the same issue with my GeForce 660M
    I just used
    apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`
    this corrected the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost6699 View Post
    I had the same issue with my GeForce 660M
    I just used
    this corrected the problem.
    It work perfectly !!!!

thank's for the solution and thank's to all the team of Kali !

Long life to Kali !!!

Lightbulb Make Sure You Check Debian Pages

You can check this link for configuring your Free and non-Free drivers : http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

and this for configuring your hybrid tech to work correctly using bumblebee and bbswitch : http://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee

For me this worked:
    apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-ia32 nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig
    nvidia-xconfig
    reboot
    Where nvidia-glx-ia32 is 32bit libraries

bit of a noob

Hi, I've been able to install the nvidia and cuda drivers on Backtack 5R3 but cannot get them to install in Kali Linux. can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

I used this guide to install the nvidia 310.40 drivers using nvidia .run
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/debia...y-unix-driver/
    Last edited by sickn3ss; 2013-03-15 at 10:31.

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiFeR View Post
    You can check this link for configuring your Free and non-Free drivers : http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

and this for configuring your hybrid tech to work correctly using bumblebee and bbswitch : http://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee
    thank you that is gret news !

One of the user on the bt-fr just installed in dual boot an report that the resolution is perfect !!

Again ... thank's Kali Linux team for a so great Os !

PS : Proud user since Back | Track 4 !
    by the way ... oclhashcat+ is now ok !
    Last edited by checkfx; 2013-03-15 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiFeR View Post

Thanks mate. It works like a charm simple by following the steps described here, http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers.

Nvidia Control panel shows up nice and easy by typing nvidia-settings. Despite the fact that I can't find it under menu I'm fine with accessing it from the console though.
    Last edited by Amidamaru; 2013-03-15 at 14:27.

apt-get install nvidia-settings

Quote Originally Posted by forlulz View Post
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    nvidia-settings is already the newest version.
    nvidia-settings set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Nvidia-settings option just ain't included into any application categories. Maybe is a bug or something but as I said as far it works from cli then it doesn't matter for me so much.

......UPDATES....
    SOLVED
    Last edited by Amidamaru; 2013-03-18 at 11:46.

hello, i try to install nvidia drivers but it fails. i did apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` then i tried to install driver from nvidia bin. any help please? here is the nvidia install log.

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
    -> License accepted.
    -> Installing NVIDIA driver version 173.14.35.
    -> Performing CC sanity check with CC="cc".
    -> Performing CC version check with CC="cc".
    ERROR: The kernel header file
    '/lib/modules/3.7-trunk-686-pae/build/include/linux/version.h' does not
    exist. The most likely reason for this is that the kernel source files
    in '/lib/modules/3.7-trunk-686-pae/build' have not been configured.
    ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file
    '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions
    on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux
    driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
    thanks.

Hi All,

I can't be more happy than I'm now! And I thanks God and you guys for this.
    I have a Dell XPS 15 L502X with a embedded nVidia GT 540M and I was struggling to get it to work. With Backtrack 5, I was done! Impossible. But now with Kali, I could make it to work thanks to you guys tips. This is what I've done:

1 - Used this (http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers) steps to install nVidia driver with DKMS as I couldn't make it to work as the message "No headers found" was appearing and even installing the headers, it wasn't working. And to install the :i386 headers, it would uninstall MANY stuff so I proceeded with the DKMS part.
    2 - Skipped the part to configure nVidia with XORG as it just won't work as the primary driver is the Intel and since I didn't want GNOME to start with nVidia (which would be impossible), I've skipped the XORG part to let Intel deals with that so I wouldn't have problems starting the graphic interface. In noob terms: I haven't touch the XORG config files.
    3 - Then I used this (http://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee) steps to install the Bumblebee from the Suwako repository to make things WAAY easier, after reboot, my "optirun glxgears -info" worked like a charm and showed my nVidia card working!

Again, thank you all. Kali Linux rocks!

Here's what you need if you want to bake it into the install / live-iso

https://github.com/JensenDied/live-b...2211bf07899de0

The upstream 3.7 kernel moved version.h from include/linux to include/generated/uapi/linux

add the sym link

Greetings

This fix worked for me :

apt-get update

apt-get install nvidia-detect nvidia-libopencl1 nvidia-opencl-common nvidia-support nvidia-opencl-icd nvidia-visual-profiler nvidia-glx nvidia-installer-cleanup nvidia-kernel-common nvidia-smi nvidia-alternative nvidia-opencl-dev libglx-nvidia-alternatives nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-cuda-toolkit nvidia-vdpau-driver nvidia-xconfig glx-alternative-nvidia libgl1-nvidia-alternatives nvidia-settings libgl1-nvidia-glx xserver-xorg-video-nvidia libcublas4 libcudart4 libcufft4 libnpp4 libnvidia-compiler libcuda1 libcuinj4 libnvidia-ml1 libxvmcnvidia1 libcusparse4 libcurand4 python-pycuda-doc python-pycuda-headers python-pycuda nvidia-cuda-doc nvidia-cuda-gdb

PS: after rebooting the machine , the screen goes into very low pixels, everything will show large ! just type : nvidia-xconfig .
    Then type : nano /etc/grub.d/00_header
    scroll down till you see : gfxmode=${GRUB_GFXMODE}
    Add this code underneath it : set gfxpayload=keep
    Ctrl+o & Ctrl+x to confirm and save.
    In terminal type : update-grub

That's it , everything worked wonders for me this way . Hope it does for you.

my graphic driver is installed for my gtx 660m, i can adjust all graphic setting on nvidia setting, but i having trouble with my pyrit and oclhashcat.plus, pyrit doesnt show cuda gtx 660m on and oclhashcat.plus saying, my gpu card driver is not installed, now i dont know what to do, all the solution here doesnt work for me... i've install cuda toolkit already but still have same result..... btw im using kali linux amd64..

Quote Originally Posted by chucky42 View Post
    my graphic driver is installed for my gtx 660m, i can adjust all graphic setting on nvidia setting, but i having trouble with my pyrit and oclhashcat.plus, pyrit doesnt show cuda gtx 660m on and oclhashcat.plus saying, my gpu card driver is not installed, now i dont know what to do, all the solution here doesnt work for me... i've install cuda toolkit already but still have same result..... btw im using kali linux amd64..
    hello you need cpyrit which does not get install with pyrit from repo (did not work for me) download pyrit 4.0 build&install http://code.google.com/p/pyrit/

:~# pyrit list_cores
    Pyrit 0.4.0 (C) 2008-2011 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+

The following cores seem available...
    #1: 'CUDA-Device #1 'GeForce GTX 560''
    #2: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'

thanx for fast rep, im still having issues while trying to install cpyrit

root@kali:~# cd cpyrit-cuda-0.4.0/
    root@kali:~/cpyrit-cuda-0.4.0# python setup.py build
    The CUDA compiler and headers required to build kernel were not found. Trying to continue anyway...
    svn: '.' is not a working copy
    running build
    running build_ext
    Skipping rebuild of Nvidia CUDA kernel ...
    Building modules...

any solution?

ok after i do what op said i get a msg saying that i isntalled free nvidia dreivers on a non free dirvers and the i click ok then this msg appears

│ Manual configuration required to enable Nvidia driver │
    │ │
    │ The Nvidia driver is not yet configured; it needs to be enabled in │
    │ xorg.conf before it can be used. │
    │ │
    │ Please see the package documentation for instructions.

when i reboot i get black screen , i re installed kali , what do i do ???

chucky install pyrit4.0 not cpyrit-cuda
    if you need cuda stuff install from repo

apt-get install nvidia-cuda-toolkit

:~# which nvcc
    /usr/bin/nvcc

:~# nvcc -V
    nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
    Copyright (c) 2005-2012 NVIDIA Corporation
    Built on Thu_Apr__5_00:24:31_PDT_2012
    Cuda compilation tools, release 4.2, V0.2.1221

thanx hausoo, ur solution work for me...
    root@kali:~# pyrit list_cores

#1: 'CUDA-Device #1 'GeForce GTX 660M''
    #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #5: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #6: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #7: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #8: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'

what about my oclhashcat.plus do i need to reinstall it too? i still saying my gpu driver is not installed......

Quote Originally Posted by chucky42 View Post
    thanx hausoo, ur solution work for me...
    root@kali:~# pyrit list_cores

#1: 'CUDA-Device #1 'GeForce GTX 660M''
    #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #5: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #6: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #7: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #8: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'

what about my oclhashcat.plus do i need to reinstall it too? i still saying my gpu driver is not installed......
    hi
    for oclhashcat-plus no need to reinstall!!! && if you want to use CudaHashcat-plus
    worked on directory:
    /usr/share/oclhashcat-plus: ./CudaHashcat-plus.bin -m 2500 ...........ecc (for example)

PS :low-video-quality sorry
    https://vimeo.com/62970198
    bye

best guess without more input

apt-get install nvidia-libopencl1

check ldd see whats required by oclHashcat-plus.bin and whats missing

ldd /usr/share/oclhashcat-plus/oclHashcat-plus.bin

Hey guys!

I just wanted to confirm that I managed to install the non-free Nvidia binary driver using the DKMS method with the addition of installing the nvidia-xconfig util as well which wrote a new xorg.conf. So far I've experienced no problem, on the contrary! The Nouveau driver did more harm than good. It was very very unstable (3-4 crashes a day) which is unacceptable on a professional pentest system used on a daily basis. Lots of logs, hours of scans and such lost. The Nouveau driver also caused some other odd problems. I could'nt start graphical Java based tools like Burp Suite Pro, NeXpose GUI installed etc. Basically anything using AWT/Swing. This was due to that Java was not able to find the default display. All resolved using the non-free Nvidia driver.

Thanks for a great new distro. Its way more snappy than BT and rocks on the Raspberry Pi, which is also used on a daily basis as my personal pentest assistant

Cheers!
    /C

Quote Originally Posted by zimmaro View Post
    hi
    for oclhashcat-plus no need to reinstall!!! && if you want to use CudaHashcat-plus
    worked on directory:
    /usr/share/oclhashcat-plus: ./CudaHashcat-plus.bin -m 2500 ...........ecc (for example)

PS :low-video-quality sorry
    https://vimeo.com/62970198
    bye
    thanx man.......

Quote Originally Posted by d4rks0ld13r View Post
    Greetings

This fix worked for me :

apt-get update

apt-get install nvidia-detect nvidia-libopencl1 nvidia-opencl-common nvidia-support nvidia-opencl-icd nvidia-visual-profiler nvidia-glx nvidia-installer-cleanup nvidia-kernel-common nvidia-smi nvidia-alternative nvidia-opencl-dev libglx-nvidia-alternatives nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-cuda-toolkit nvidia-vdpau-driver nvidia-xconfig glx-alternative-nvidia libgl1-nvidia-alternatives nvidia-settings libgl1-nvidia-glx xserver-xorg-video-nvidia libcublas4 libcudart4 libcufft4 libnpp4 libnvidia-compiler libcuda1 libcuinj4 libnvidia-ml1 libxvmcnvidia1 libcusparse4 libcurand4 python-pycuda-doc python-pycuda-headers python-pycuda nvidia-cuda-doc nvidia-cuda-gdb

PS: after rebooting the machine , the screen goes into very low pixels, everything will show large ! just type : nvidia-xconfig .
    Then type : nano /etc/grub.d/00_header
    scroll down till you see : gfxmode=${GRUB_GFXMODE}
    Add this code underneath it : set gfxpayload=keep
    Ctrl+o & Ctrl+x to confirm and save.
    In terminal type : update-grub

That's it , everything worked wonders for me this way . Hope it does for you.
    ive been traying this solution form the backtrack 5r3 ,and still when i type it, its ubable to loacte anyrhing,
    ihave GT555m,mx14 r1.

Hi Guys!

I don't get things to work here. Actually I'm afraid to screw up if something goes wrong. But lets put that on the shelf for now.

I first of all want to know if it's safe to install drivers straight from Nvidia?

I searched for my graphics card: Geforce GT 630M Linux drivers, on Nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-d...-295.33-driver)
    It found a driver that supports my card (295.33 Certified) but in the information they clearly stated that certain dislltros may already have better suited drivers.

The installationwas as follows:

"Installation instructions: Once you have downloaded the driver, change to the directory containing the driver package and install the driver by running, as root, sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-295.33.run

One of the last installation steps will offer to update your X configuration file. Either accept that offer, edit your X configuration file manually so that the NVIDIA X driver will be used, or run nvidia-xconfig"

So my question is could this work? Because many of you have come accross different results doing bacially the same installations?

Thanks
    Jake

Noob here with a GTX 680. I finally figured out how to install the nvidia driver without it complaining about nouveau, kernel-headers, nvidia config files, or getting that nasty black screen of death upon reboot.

Here is how I did it:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms
    apt-get install nvidia-xconfig
    nvidia-xconfig
    reboot

Please note: I did this from a fresh install of Kali 1.01 (if you are having apt-get errors of it not finding repositories, reinstall with network mirroring enabled).

I really hope this helped someone, because I wish I had this information available when I first started. Good luck and enjoy those dual monitors (& pyrit/cuda )

i need help and guide to install this driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-310.44.run for G105M from nvidia official site

Quote Originally Posted by podux2 View Post
    i need help and guide to install this driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-310.44.run for G105M from nvidia official site
    DONE i follow step by step from here
    http://double-dragon.blogspot.com/20...ali-linux.html

Problem: Black screen after installation of nvidia drivers while invoking gdm3.
    System: Samsung NP-QX410 (Intel / Nvidia)

Methods tried:
    NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-319.17.run (Install went well, but screen failed to load. So i cleaned up) AND also tried apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms
    Neither worked out for me.

~# uname -v
    Code:
    #1 SMP Debian 3.7.2-0+kali6

Followed these steps. No luck:
    Quote Originally Posted by wsulifter View Post
    Noob here with a GTX 680. I finally figured out how to install the nvidia driver without it complaining about nouveau, kernel-headers, nvidia config files, or getting that nasty black screen of death upon reboot.

Here is how I did it:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    nvidia-xconfig
    reboot

Please note: I did this from a fresh install of Kali 1.01 (if you are having apt-get errors of it not finding repositories, reinstall with network mirroring enabled).

I really hope this helped someone, because I wish I had this information available when I first started. Good luck and enjoy those dual monitors (& pyrit/cuda )

lspci: (relevant)
    Code:
    root@localhost:~# lspci
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M] (rev a2)
    xorg.conf
    Code:
    # nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
    # nvidia-xconfig:  version 319.17  (buildmeister@swio-display-x86-rhel47-06)  Thu Apr 25 22:28:25 PDT 2013

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Layout0"
        Screen      0  "Screen0"
        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    EndSection

Section "Files"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier     "Mouse0"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "Protocol" "auto"
        Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier     "Keyboard0"
        Driver         "kbd"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier     "Monitor0"
        VendorName     "Unknown"
        ModelName      "Unknown"
        HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
        VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
        Option         "DPMS"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier     "Device0"
        Driver         "nvidia"
        VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier     "Screen0"
        Device         "Device0"
        Monitor        "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection     "Display"
            Depth       24
        EndSubSection
    EndSection

xorg.0.log:
    Code:

[   127.574] 
    X.Org X Server 1.12.4
    Release Date: 2012-08-27
    [   127.574] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    [   127.574] Build Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-4.drm-amd64 x86_64 Debian
    [   127.574] Current Operating System: Linux localhost 3.7-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.7.2-0+kali6 x86_64
    [   127.574] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.7-trunk-amd64 root=UUID=284fd095-4da7-40a0-90c0-719d3f15d324 ro initrd=/install/initrd.gz quiet nouveau.modeset=0
    [   127.575] Build Date: 29 November 2012  07:18:16PM
    [   127.575] xorg-server 2:1.12.4-4 (Julien Cristau <[email protected]>) 
    [   127.575] Current version of pixman: 0.26.0
    [   127.575] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    	to make sure that you have the latest version.
    [   127.575] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [   127.575] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon May 20 08:20:51 2013
    [   127.575] (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
    [   127.575] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [   127.575] (==) ServerLayout "Layout0"
    [   127.575] (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
    [   127.575] (**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
    [   127.576] (**) |   |-->Device "Device0"
    [   127.576] (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
    [   127.576] (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
    [   127.576] (==) Automatically adding devices
    [   127.576] (==) Automatically enabling devices
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
    [   127.576] 	Entry deleted from font path.
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
    [   127.576] (WW) The directory "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" does not exist.
    [   127.576] (==) FontPath set to:
    	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
    	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
    	built-ins
    [   127.576] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    [   127.576] (WW) Hotplugging is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
    [   127.576] (WW) Disabling Keyboard0
    [   127.576] (WW) Disabling Mouse0
    [   127.576] (II) Loader magic: 0x7f92f2a07ae0
    [   127.576] (II) Module ABI versions:
    [   127.576] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
    [   127.576] 	X.Org Video Driver: 12.1
    [   127.576] 	X.Org XInput driver : 16.0
    [   127.576] 	X.Org Server Extension : 6.0
    [   127.578] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:0046:144d:c08b rev 2, Mem @ 0xf3400000/4194304, 0xd0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x0000e080/8
    [   127.578] (--) PCI: (0:1:0:0) 10de:0a70:144d:c08b rev 162, Mem @ 0xf2000000/16777216, 0xe0000000/268435456, 0xf0000000/33554432, I/O @ 0x0000d000/128, BIOS @ 0x????????/524288
    [   127.578] (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
    [   127.578] (II) LoadModule: "extmod"
    [   127.578] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libextmod.so
    [   127.579] (II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   127.579] 	compiled for 1.12.4, module version = 1.0.0
    [   127.579] 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    [   127.579] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 6.0
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension SELinux
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension DPMS
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension XVideo
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension X-Resource
    [   127.579] (II) LoadModule: "dbe"
    [   127.579] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdbe.so
    [   127.579] (II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   127.579] 	compiled for 1.12.4, module version = 1.0.0
    [   127.579] 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    [   127.579] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 6.0
    [   127.579] (II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
    [   127.579] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [   127.579] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libglx.so
    [   127.594] (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
    [   127.594] 	compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
    [   127.594] 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    [   127.594] (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  304.88  Wed Mar 27 14:46:57 PDT 2013
    [   127.594] (II) Loading extension GLX
    [   127.594] (II) LoadModule: "record"
    [   127.594] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/librecord.so
    [   127.594] (II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   127.594] 	compiled for 1.12.4, module version = 1.13.0
    [   127.594] 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    [   127.594] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 6.0
    [   127.594] (II) Loading extension RECORD
    [   127.594] (II) LoadModule: "dri"
    [   127.594] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so
    [   127.595] (II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   127.595] 	compiled for 1.12.4, module version = 1.0.0
    [   127.595] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 6.0
    [   127.595] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
    [   127.595] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
    [   127.595] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so
    [   127.595] (II) Module dri2: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   127.595] 	compiled for 1.12.4, module version = 1.2.0
    [   127.595] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 6.0
    [   127.595] (II) Loading extension DRI2
    [   127.595] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
    [   127.595] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
    [   127.595] (II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
    [   127.595] 	compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
    [   127.595] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   127.595] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  304.88  Wed Mar 27 14:28:14 PDT 2013
    [   127.596] (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
    [   127.596] (++) using VT number 8

[   127.600] (EE) No devices detected.
    [   127.600] 
    Fatal server error:
    [   127.600] no screens found
    [   127.600] 
    Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
    	 at http://wiki.x.org
     for help. 
    [   127.600] Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
    [   127.600]

Followed this guide. No luck. :
    Quote Originally Posted by podux2 View Post
    DONE i follow step by step from here
    http://double-dragon.blogspot.com/20...ali-linux.html
    UPDATE. 1
    Switched to X86. Gave it a shot. Still No luck. Same errors. No screen found.

I'm stuck in fallback.
    Re-installing a clean kali (kali-linux-1.0.2-amd64)

UPDATE 2
    This worked for me:
    A little different than I expected but this will do. :
    http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...full=1#post786
    Last edited by 0okami; 2013-05-21 at 17:45. Reason: progress update.

you can also avoid a reinstall by enabling network mirroring manually. just add these two lines to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
    deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib

then run apt-get update again.

also works for me

Here is how I did it:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    nvidia-xconfig
    reboot

a fresh install of Kali 1.03 , accroding the doc , install nvidia go black and no respon, you work step is awesome!