Thread: Artifacts in kali

Artifacts in kali

Hello i have artifact everywhere except in Firefox i tried to update it and upgrade it but i am dual boot and i don?t have enough space and i cant add more with gpartner and in windows i have no problems there but in kali is this can someone give some advice or something i cant use my comp anymore like i almost cant read what?s in the console

When you say dual boot, do you mean both Kali and Windows are booted seperately?
    If so, then the only way to add more space is to shrink the windows partition and then reboot into Kali and extend it into the now empty space.

If you are using Kali in a VM such as virtual box or vmware, when Kali machine is powered off, you can change the size of the virtual hard drive in settings, and again after restarting JKali can extend the virtual drive into this new space.

Likewise when a virtual machine is powered off, you can change how many virtual cpus tyo use (2 cores at cleast recommended), and how much virtual RAM is allocated (at the minimum this should be 2 GB or ideally greater)

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype985 View Post
    Hello i have artifact everywhere except in Firefox i tried to update it and upgrade it but i am dual boot and i don?t have enough space and i cant add more with gpartner and in windows i have no problems there but in kali is this can someone give some advice or something i cant use my comp anymore like i almost cant read what?s in the console
    I had artifacts This is what I did

1 sudo apt update
    2 sudo apt full-upgrade -y

see if this fixes the issue. For me it did. Looks like I didn't update Kali to latest version. Once I did artifacts were gone and I was able to read pdf docs, filemanager, console.

Not sure when you say you don't have space, do you mean you can't install anything because /boot is full? or generally because you have dual boot and no more space in the drive?

Hope this helps.