Thread: No wifi network detected

No wifi network detected

Hi

I'm completely new to this and I want to learn so please be patient with me my questions may seem dumb to you but to me they're not. Last night I installed Kali on a Lenovo yoga 3 laptop that had been completely formatted I installed it using the Kali live install and burnt the ISO image to my flash drive using etcher. Everything went well until it got to the network thing it couldn't detect any network cards there is no ethernet port on this laptop only a WiFi card and it couldn't detect it gave a huge list of possible drivers and I tried several of them but none of them worked so I managed to skip that part continue with the rest of the installation but now I have a full install but no access to the Internet as my network card is not installed hopefully this makes sense to someone how can I fix this in the easiest way possible like I said I'm completely new to this so try and keep it as simple as possible thank you very much to whoever helps and for taking time to read this.

Open a terminal and post the output you get from;

lspci

Those laptops seem to either have Intel chipsets, which should have 'just worked' at install, or broadcom chipsets, that usually require drivers and firmware;

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
    modprobe b43

But clearly that method is of no use if your not online already? so you probably need to download the needed firmware package;

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/all/firmware-brcm80211/download 1

unpack it and place the firmware here in the system;

/lib/firmware/b43/

and then to 'find the wifi adapter;

modprobe b43

If you have the Realtek adapter, look here;

https://github.com/morrownr

3. it's also happen to me when i try to connect my wifi network, thanks for the solution