Thread: How to Change IP Address from 10.x.x.x into 192.x.x.x. using non-virtual machine

How to Change IP Address from 10.x.x.x into 192.x.x.x. using non-virtual machine

I'm using a laptop with no ethernet port, so by default the ip address is 10.x.x.x. I saw some solutions on this using a virtual machine by changing the network options(Bridged network, NAT).
    I'm asking if you guys have any idea on how to change IP address from 10.x.x.x into 192.x.x.x using Kali Live boot on Laptop? (Not on Virtual Machine, and Desktop Computer)

It's hard to understand what your problem is. If you have no Ethernet port, you'll have no IP address. And if you had an address, it will not be of any use since you have no network port = network interface. You should either get some basic networking knowledge or explain better what your issue of understanding is.

By default, I'm using a WLAN, so the IP address appear as 10.x.x.x.

If your connected to a wifi network, and your wifi adapter is using DHCP then it will be getting it's IP address issued by the router your connected too, which may well be using a 10.x.x.x addressing pool..

If this is the case, and you changed it to 192.168.x.x it would have no connection at all?

A free course for you on IP v4 addressing and what it means..

https://courses.techacademy.ph/order...a-b60345203df0

#sudo ifconfig eth0 192.x.x.x netmask 255.x.x.x (Make sure that you are disconnected from interface)

I hope it helps you