Quote Originally Posted by brav0hax View Post
So here is the exact command I used for 64 Bit install:

ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-3.7-trunk-amd64/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h /usr/src/linux-headers-3.7-trunk-amd64/include/linux/version.h

Now I still received parsing errors, however the tools compiled and function. I now have screen & mouse

integration as well as folder sharing.

I received errors stating the vmware tools couldn't be started as well as perl parsing errors throughout the script.

But in the end it seems to be function now as expected.
im just wondering if you even read the how to install vmware from the documentation

in the very first box for installing vmware from source is

echo cups enabled >> /usr/sbin/update-rc.d
echo vmware-tools enabled >> /usr/sbin/update-rc.d

apt-get install gcc make linux-headers-$(uname -r)
ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/linux/

as you can see it tells you to download the headers with the apt-get command and tells it which headers to get get with the "(uname -r)" command

then it adds the same link in the path
"ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/linux/"

the uname being your version of headers aka x86 or x64

the reason behind the documentations telling you to use the variable of "$(uname -r)" is so that the same guy that is running the x86 wont go and try to use your link which is for the x64

also you would not have the problem of not having headers if you read the installing vmware tools 3rd line down first box

"apt-get install gcc make linux-headers-$(uname -r)"
which is right before

ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/linux/

again goto the first post and read the installing vmware