hi,

i am having difficulties in installing the nvidia driver to my laptop. i tried the debian way and as well the nvidia driver from nvidia,
whats more i googled and tried many other solutions from ubuntu mint and our forum... but no luck.
installation goes without error but when i reboot or restart the gdm then i have a black screen and cursor blinks nothing else. i tried X -configure and starting the gdm with that but it didnt help, i tried nvidia-xconfig but again no luck.
i fallowed this post an http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=nvidia
i installed nvidia drivers from this post and tried bumblebee, but nvidia drivers wont load while bumblebee running and as far as i know,
we can run only the optirun app. but i just want to install nvidia drivers. i have used bt all release from begining and i had never problem with nvidia.
this time i am really upset and dont know what to do anymore. could anyone help me please? has anyone had same issue? i appreciate your help! thank you!

my laptop has hybrid video card intel and nvidia. it is 64 bit. i installed kali 1.0.3 amd64 as uefi without problem. i cannot configure from the bios hybrid video card selection because there isnt that option. here is the lspci

intel hd 4000 hd and nvidia gt 640m le 2 gb

kaliuser:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0fd3 (rev a1)