Originally, Windows 8.1 was installed on the machine. I converted one of the 100 GB partitions that were made in windows (dynamical) into an ext4 during the setup and chose it for root. Grub successfully recognized the existing windows loader and incorporated it. Setup went well.

Now, GRUB menu contains three items, two Kali-related and one for Windows. Kali is working fine (Release Kali Linux 1.0 32-bit, Kernel Linux 3.7-trunk-686-pae).

Windows can't boot, reporting problem with winload. Reinstall of windows also doesn't work, because Windows DVD can't recognize the hard disk at all. Kali doesn't recognize old partitions either, stating they are all now unallocated, to quote GParted. Since during boot I noticed that LDM is corrupt, I guess this is the key issue.

Is there any way to fix LDM to at least make the partitions visible? What can be done to rescue data?

All resources I found on internet about these problems used either windows repair through fixboot or testdisk. None of them work for me since the old partitions are rendered useless.