Hello all!

I'm new to the "Linux World" and i have a question: I'd like to know how can somebody request an update for a software.

In my case, I am a NetBeans user, and the version provided by Kali (and other linux versions... I've checked also a few other) -via: apt-get install netbeans - is an old version (v. 6), wich have a lot of bugs. First, i could not create a new project (freezes after I press New button). After searching online, I found that I have to provide the path to java and the recomandation is to upgrade to the latest version. After that problem being fixed, I was able to create a new project, but then, when I tried to write a php code, the enter key didn't work (I couldn't get a new line), and again, the recomandation was to update the software (v. 8). So, i've uninstalled the software and installed it manualy. Now everything works just fine.

It's not such a big problem, but I'm wondering if it's possible to make a request for updating softwares (in this case NetBeans), and if it's possible, how it's done.

Thank you for your time!