Hello, last week i decided to reinstall my windows, but i also decided to install kali linux along with it. First i installed kali linux since i already had windows 8 and i couldnt install any secondary OS. After that i installed windows 8.1 and it deleted GRUB Loader, so i decided to repair/reinstall it. I entered kali linux from LIVE CD and did some commands ( cant really remember exactly what command ) which repair it and i was able to boot into kali linux from GRUB, but what i also notice is that my windows 8 opinion in GRUB was gone, i think i screw up my windows boot while i was fixing grub. So i launch a LIVE CD of windows and repaired it with bootrec /fixboot. It did the job but now again GRUB is gone, so im back where i started. I would like to know if there is a way to repair GRUB without screwing up my windows boot at the same time.
What i remember i did was entered the command 'update-grub' and at the end it showed that it detected kali linux boot no windows boot. I also remember it said something like 'no volume groups found' i dont know if that is releted to my windows but thats the only thing i can remember.