Thread: (Guide) Installing Nvidia + Bumblebee + CUDA for Optimus enabled Laptops

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

apt-get install complains -- 'nvidia-installer --uninstall'

I followed Post 25 to download and install the nvidia-drivers from nvidia's website. Now, each time I run 'apt-get install' to install something, apt-get asks me to run 'nvidia-installer --uninstall'. Do you folks also face the same issue? I have commented out the wheezy-backport from sources.list but still the problem persists.

Code:
    │                                                                                                                                   │  
    │ The nvidia-installer program was found on this system. This is probably left over from an earlier installation of the non-free   │  
    │ NVIDIA graphics driver, installed using the NVIDIA *.run file directly. This installation is incompatible with the Debian        │  
    │ packages. To install the Debian packages safely, it is therefore necessary to undo the changes performed by nvidia-installer.    │  
    │                                                                                                                                  │  
    │ Run "nvidia-installer --uninstall"?
    │                                       <Yes>                                          <No>                                        │
    Last edited by nikkipolya; 2014-11-08 at 07:54.