Hello Guys,

I am new to Kali Community, and I am really excite to be part of it.

I have read lots of Topics mentioning that Kali Linux should not be used as main operating system on PC. And I was always missing information on WHY-NOT.
Ussually, people were saying "It is designed a PenTest Tool and not OS", but for me this answer is only answering question "What is Kali Linux designed for?" and not "Why cannot I used Kali Linux as main OS?".

So here I am asking you guys, what are your opinions on WHY-NOT.

There are in general two scenarions: root and non-root usage.

For root user I understand the reason is, it is dangerous. But in what scenario I ask ?
  • I can destroy my system ?
  • I can get exploited if trying out Security Tools ?

For the first one.. I would assume that you can destroy your System in any Linux Distro if you go to "deep" and don't know what to do. And for the second one..well how else would you use SecTools ? Only with Live USB?

For the non-root user, this one I do not see why it is dangerous or not good. Because creating a non-root user means that you won't use Security Tools provided by Kali Linux... so why is this bad / dangerous / not good ?
Simply because you could use other Distro that is more user-friendly ? If that is the only reason, I think we cannot generalize the answer to "NO you cannot use Kali Linux as main OS, even with non-root user!"

Well I'm open to any opinion, just wanted to make a more specific discussion on WHY-NOT, because we all know Kali Linux is designed for Security Tools, but some of us fell in love with it while using it and do not want to switch to other Distro, but rather use a non-root user for everyday usage.

Cheers,
Cyghost