Hello. I wanted to upgrade from Kali Linux 2.0 Sana to Kali Linux Rolling 2016.1, so I issued the following commands in the terminal:

1) apt-get update
2) apt-get dist-upgrade
3) reboot

During the dist-upgrade, I noticed much and sometimes long laggings while unpacking and setting up the fetched packages, but this didn't stop the upgrade. However, When the upgrade was complete and I rebooted the system and tried to access the login screen, It was only a black screen (not a terminal, but a black GUI login screen that doesn't contain anything except the mouse cursor) with the mouse cursor in the middle and the system in a complete lag state: the mouse and keyboard are both unresponsive; If I move the mouse, the cursor doesn't move, and if I strike a keyboard key, nothing happens: Ctrl + Alt + F1 doesn't get a shell or does anything and pressing on the Caps Lock key doesn't even turn the key's bulb, which means that the keyboard itself is totally unresponsive. The only way to get a shell is through the recovery mode option in the grub, but then I also can't access the GUI but can switch between the shells via Ctrl + Alt + F1..F6 (F7 is the GUI and hence turns the system unresponsive.) I also have a problem with wlan0:

airodumb-ng wlan0 => wlan0: No such device
ifconfig wlan0 up => wlan0: link is not ready

which means that I cannot update or upgrade my system or use any other online feature. Please Help.
Thanks.