Hi all,

First post on a Linux forum, finally had to post after being unable to solve my problem for several days now. I'm running the latest stable version of Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi 3. I downloaded the ISO image of the ARM onto a micro SD card, booted up, changed my password, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, resized my partition in gparted so I could install the full version, then apt-get install kali-linux-full. I installed everything through my wireless network, I'm assuming with the wireless card that comes with the RP3? All of that seemed to work just fine (except for an error I got when resizing the partition that didn't seem to affect my ability to install the full version of Kali) but now I'm having some difficulty getting Kali to recognize my wireless adapter so it can be set to Monitor mode. I know Kali supports my adapter because I checked the documentation and I've seen it in several demonstration videos. My questions are 1) am I missing any steps after a fresh install on an RP3, 2) why can't Kali recognize my wireless adapter, and 3) should I not have plugged my wireless adapter into my Windows 7 desktop and installed drivers? Sorry if the solution is simple, I am new to Linux.

Specs:

Raspberry Pi 3
TP-Link WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless Adapter
Samsung 32 GB microSD

Thanks!