Thread: ALFA AWUS036NHA crashes in Kali 1.0.9 when using aircrack suite

ALFA AWUS036NHA crashes in Kali 1.0.9 when using aircrack suite

I'm curious if I'm the only one having problems. I've had 1.0.9 for a while now and have done fresh installs thrice over thinking that'd help.

So whenever I have the Alfa AWUS036NHA in monitor mode with something out of the aircrack suite, it ends up crashing after a short while.

In airbase-ng: I'm about to create an access point, then a few minutes later it regurgitates a message about "wi_write failed yada yada". It then
    says that "network is down.". Going into airmon-ng check, I can see that the Alfa is no longer in monitor mode.

Similarly, when I put the Alfa into monitor mode then use airodump, everything works fine until I start up aireplay at the same time. Then it gives me a similar
    error as previously stated, and the monitor interface goes down.

I've tried to google for a solution but I can't seem to come up with a good enough series of key words to pull up anything useful on google. I should also mention that none of these problems occur while using the computers internal card in monitor mode. Additionally, it doesn't happen on my virtualized kali install on my macbook. Seems to be only happening in 1.0.9 with this specific card.

I retract my previous statement. It also doesn't work on 1.0.7. Here is the output I have from airodump-ng and aireplay-ng... It happened when I was trying to deauth a computer that I was monitoring on Airodump-ng

read failed: Network is down
    Interface Mon0:
    ictl(SIOCGIFINDEX) failed: No such device
    Can't repoen mon0

I'm hoping it's something that can be patched with drivers, buuuut.. Any input would be appreciated.

EDIT:

This post has been up here for a few days now with no replies which leads me to believe maybe there isn't enough information about the problem for anyone to come up with a solution with.

Is there any type of log that I can copy and paste that might give an idea as to what exactly is happening?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sickn3ss; 2014-09-26 at 19:36.

try updating kali and using airmon-zc instead of airmon-ng. here are g0tmi1ks syggestions how to deal with the issue.
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Wireless-Cards
    good luck and keep us posted.
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame