Thread: HID Keyboard Attack development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi !

Despite my absolute lack of knowledge on this subject (and on github usage), I worked on french keyboard for HIB on github and proposed the initial version of the "french keyboard branch".
    Good to see more people involved with a more generic approach that helps to develop other languages "keyseeds"

aemaeth2501, would you please check my keyseed version and see how you think some of the french characters missing in your version could be integrated ? (e.g. 'é' aka latin small letter e with acute)
    https://github.com/uzyfr/kali-nethun...les/keyseed.py
    For some "special characters", I had to manage a two steps approach using a "global_last_char" variable.
    (Just for the record, my approach was only to specify in the "french" dictionnary only the characters that differs from the english one (lots of characters are similar).)

Last point concerning the locale : I proposed to use the default browser locale because I guess french people would mostly use this attack on computers using french layout.
    However, to extend aemaeth2501's proposal, a dropdown menu that select by default the browser locale and allows user to specify the one he wants to use may be a good solution ?

See you soon !

Hi !
    Quote Originally Posted by uzy View Post
    aemaeth2501, would you please check my keyseed version and see how you think some of the french characters missing in your version could be integrated ? (e.g. 'é' aka latin small letter e with acute)
    I asked myself the 'é', 'è' and other french specificities questions. My conclusion was based on the fact that those characters would not be intergrated in any payload (powershell or raw Base64 encoded). But it is possible to integrate them in the dictionnary for completeness purposes.

(Just for the record, my approach was only to specify in the "french" dictionnary only the characters that differs from the english one (lots of characters are similar).
    I tried this approach with the use of python dictionnaries, and finally I prefered working fully on the charset than 'by delta' vs. US layout. This clarifies (imo) the new locale dictionnary creation.

Last point concerning the locale : I proposed to use the default browser locale because I guess french people would mostly use this attack on computers using french layout.
    However, to extend aemaeth2501's proposal, a dropdown menu that select by default the browser locale and allows user to specify the one he wants to use may be a good solution ?
    That is a good idea at first, since indeed frenchs pops frenchs boxes But for example, in my personnal case, I work for a company having multiple nationalities, hence layouts.

For now, I will wait for the android app. At least, the tedious scancode identification job is now done.