Thread: GRUB loader not shown - Dual boot Windows 10 and Kali linux 2016.2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaggor View Post
    Yeah i noticed this.
    I forgot to mention (yeah i know this might be really important )
    Every time i start my laptop Windows 10 is booted.
    The GRUB loader does not shown, so i am not able to boot kali.
    Also there is no instance of Kali in the BIOS Menu.
    As you said that you were known to write /dev/sda* of your linux partition so I'm assuming it still didn't work which I suspected earlier why it might not work. That's why I asked you to upload the output of fdisk -l. In this output you will see an EFI partition. Check its corresponding name. Most of the time it is /dev/sda1. Write /dev/sda1 in the first command as mount /dev/sda1 /mnt.

Also upload the output here.

I'll soon create a thread on how to deal with this problem in UEFI-PC. I'm counting on you when you solve it. If that workaround doesn't work I've another edit but that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggor View Post
    What do you mean with
    Anyway you still managed to dual boot it. It doesn't matter now. They are just recommendations. ??

And about what you recommend to choose:
    This is exactly the workflow i used the last time.
    This is also the actual state of the installation, i didn't remove it yet, since i believe that it is installed correctly and the problem is GRUB.
    Recommendations means if you doubt what other options may do then you can stick to recommended option. Though You can choose not to follow them. It doesn't mean that you won't be able to install kali if you don't follow them. Like professionals choose their own way. Instead of automatically partition the free space they may create manual linux partition and assign custom space for swap and home partition. It is upto you.

You still managed to install it without any problem. As you have successfully installed it, it doesn't matter now how did you install. This is what i was saying.
    Last edited by _defalt; 2017-02-11 at 05:07.