Thread: Kali doesn't boot on Mac

Kali doesn't boot on Mac

I've created a kali live usb using diskutil on mac and I've turned off all settings for secure boot, but when I boot through the usb it either freezes after going on install, or freezes when I try to boot live or gives me this error: Kernel panic- not syncing: stack protector: Kernel stack is corrupted in: get_cert_list...
    I tried mounting the usb with etcher, I tried using rEFInd, I tried different flash drives and even a different linux distro but I get the same error. I also tried editing the 'splash' or 'quiet splash' and adding nomodeset and efi=noruntime, but nothing works. I've tried everything I could find on the internet and if someone can give me a solution that works I'd be thankful.
    I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a MacBook Air 2018.

Are you wanting to dual-boot, or run Kali as your only OS?
    To create the install USB, I just used the DD method.
    Code:
    sudo diskutil unmountdisk /dev/diskX
    sudo dd if=kali_iso_filename_here of=/dev/diskX bs=1m
    Replace X with the correct disk number for your USB stick.
    After that, reboot holding down the option/alt key, and select the yellow/orange EFI icon.

Buuuuut, that's just me. I got that to work with MacBook Pros from 2007, 2012, and 2015.
    Anywho, I hope that helps.

Also, if it makes any difference, I am still trying to troubleshoot getting the Graphical desktop to come up on my 2007, so perhaps this is the trouble you're having? I can get it up and working in Text/command line mode.