Thread: Can't boot directly after installation

Can't boot directly after installation

I have just finished installing kali 2020.1b, and can't boot into the system. I can load the options on where to boot but after that all I see is this screen(https://imgur.com/gallery/s5JFWWN). I also reach a similar screen if I try to go into recovery mode. Except with recovery I get a constant readout at the bottom of my screen displaying parts of that images error message. I have an RTX 2070 and a Ryzen 3700X if that's helpful.

It's that Nvidea graphics card that needs some additional post-installation steps to get working.

Hit "E" in the grub menu and replace "quiet" with "nouveau. modeset=0" in the linux cmd line. That should get you booted properly.

Once you logged on, follow this guide to install your drivers:
    https://www.kali.org/docs/general-us...on-kali-linux/

You probably have to do some googling to get it to work. We would all appreciate it if you could share your experience once you've got it up and running.

That worked, I managed to get past that part. Now I'm just stuck at a screen with some wlan0 stuff. Says "ipv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE) : wlan0: link becomes ready". I restarted my computer and it came right back to this holdup.

This helped me but still can't figure out where to put in the "modeset=0" is it at the laSt line of Linux commandatory or just at the start of the line?? Sorry I'm actually new on Kali...