Thread: how to install compiz on Kali 1.0.4 No sid repo!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First of all thank you for your reply. Ok Sir, I will try explain fully, cause already how many days I can not find the solution. I have dual botting kali and windows7. Kali was working just perfect, install several tools and worked just fine, even installed MS Office, everything just fine, Recently I have installed compiz following the instruction and after reboot the system, big screen come out asked me to write the root and after asked to write the password and after that procedure still big terminal, I dont know what to write further, tried all startx, apt-get update, nothing doesnt work. some guys says that problem is with the video driver etc. no update no upgrade nothing works, please help me please,thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mukhamatdin View Post
    First of all thank you for your reply. Ok Sir, I will try explain fully, cause already how many days I can not find the solution. I have dual botting kali and windows7. Kali was working just perfect, install several tools and worked just fine, even installed MS Office, everything just fine, Recently I have installed compiz following the instruction and after reboot the system, big screen come out asked me to write the root and after asked to write the password and after that procedure still big terminal, I dont know what to write further, tried all startx, apt-get update, nothing doesnt work. some guys says that problem is with the video driver etc. no update no upgrade nothing works, please help me please,thanks in advance
    but your kali and gnome? or kde??And what version you use sorry ???(the guide I have tested only on gnome)
    start kali enter user and password and try removing all installed packages

Code:
     apt-get purge compiz*
    and reboot system

Code:
    reboot
    I hope it is of help

if possible can you tell me the technical features of your computer video card processor etc. please?
    Last edited by Devil_D; 2013-10-21 at 11:05.

thanks for your reply but it does not work. It says that nothing to delete compiz did not installed. I am used Kali Gnome.I think I have to delete the system and again to install but any way try to find the solution I can send you the video, how you think

the technical features of my lat top is installed video card, dual core

Quote Originally Posted by Mukhamatdin View Post
    the technical features of my lat top is installed video card, dual core

I'm sorry but the commands in the terminal work?? when by some command runs it? I find it strange? I installed compiz on every version and it always worked, try booting in safe mode and the commands that you've posted and what videocard you have intel nvidia amd ,I think it's something that went wrong in the installation
    I do not think it's the fault of compiz I think the problem is generated by something else
    before installing compiz you have installed any program?
    Last edited by Devil_D; 2013-10-22 at 16:15.