Thread: Kali 2.0 + NVIDIA Drivers = Blinking Cursor of Death

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blinking Cursor of Death

I'm having the same trouble but with a Cedar PRO Radeon HD 5450 video card. I'm new to more technical troubleshooting Linux. I had to load the drivers manually after I installed 1.0 initially. I have an HP Z620 which does not come with an integrated video card. Is there a way to down grade the OS back to 1.1? I upgraded my Thinkpad 730 without a hitch. I figured this would be a cake walk, then Murphy smacked me across the room.

My kingdom for a backup....

I'm going to try your suggestions above

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zwolle View Post
    I'm having the same trouble but with a Cedar PRO Radeon HD 5450 video card. I'm new to more technical troubleshooting Linux. I had to load the drivers manually after I installed 1.0 initially. I have an HP Z620 which does not come with an integrated video card. Is there a way to down grade the OS back to 1.1? I upgraded my Thinkpad 730 without a hitch. I figured this would be a cake walk, then Murphy smacked me across the room.

My kingdom for a backup....

I'm going to try your suggestions above
    Z
    update: neither method worked for me either. I found an updated driver for the AMD Cedar PRO that is supposed to work. While trying to install, I get an error message saying there is already an ati driver installed, the driver must be uninstalled at /usr/share/ati/amd-uninstall.sh, and the install aborts. When I try the uninstall as directed, I get a message that says the installed files have been changed since they were installed. They can be removed with the -force switch, but it is not recommended.... back to the drawing board...