Thread: WPS Pixie Dust Attack (Offline WPS Attack)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lol mordax, pixiewps is a calculator. If it succeeds, then the router is vulnerable.
    Type this:
    reaver --help
    and read through the options. I seem to recall that there is a -W switch that MIGHT calculate the default PIN for you, if it's a D-Link or Belkin.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Doe View Post
    lol mordax, pixiewps is a calculator. If it succeeds, then the router is vulnerable.
    Type this:
    reaver --help
    and read through the options. I seem to recall that there is a -W switch that MIGHT calculate the default PIN for you, if it's a D-Link or Belkin.
    nah you didn't get my question. Pixie dust can only calculate the WPS pin if the algorithm is programmed into the pixie dust (algorithm used by router), but what if the router I tested uses a different algorithm? so what i'm saying, is that how can pixie dust know about the router, if it hasn't been programmed into pixie dust?
    I know for a fact, that there are different algorithms out there that are being used by different routers. That's what i meant under a calculator, something that constantly gets updated with the latest algorithms being used.

@dek0der if reaver can't get the passphrase from WPS pin, have you tried connecting into the router using WPS pin? For example Windows 10 allows you to connect by using WPS Pin, so do some Android phones. NOTE that connecting to router using WPS pin as passphrase will not work, you have to first select the special option to use WPS Pin, otherwise your OS simply tries the pin as passphrase and fails.
    If router accepts the WPS, but reaver won't find the pass, then you have weak signal. If router doesn't accept WPS, then it means that your router does have default WPS, but it's disabled by default. I have ran across some routers that have it disabled by default, i've checked the settings and WPS is set to "push to activate" mode, so you have to push the button physically on your router and only then it becomes active for about 1 minute.