Thread: How to install AWUS036ACH Drivers and getting it running?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Hi dk89 ... it would appear this is quite a common problem with some hardware (including my own) ... I get terrible range from all drivers after 4.3.20.

Check out this page on github where we've been discussing it with some driver developers and leave your hardware details as it may help towards a solution:

https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au/issues/77

Also try out the new 5.2.20 drivers (didn't work for me) and let us know how you get on:

https://github.com/kimocoder/rtl8812au-1
    Hi @Trace

thanks for your info and the referenced issue. I kept reading it and it look like the newest 5.1.5 version of the driver solved the problem for me. Within my VM I can see the same networks my internal wifi displays - even with the default setting of 18dbm. Atm I'm playing with the tx-power. Had not much time for testing but so far it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by dk89 View Post
    Hi @Trace

thanks for your info and the referenced issue. I kept reading it and it look like the newest 5.1.5 version of the driver solved the problem for me. Within my VM I can see the same networks my internal wifi displays - even with the default setting of 18dbm. Atm I'm playing with the tx-power. Had not much time for testing but so far it looks promising.
    Cool you got it working.... but changing tx-power settings made no difference in the previous 5.1.5 driver (current tested with an ammeter) as you can see on the Github thread ...