Thread: Cracking WPA key with crunch | aircrack (almost fullproof but how speed things up)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmusket33 View Post
    To backt

This would take a long time to complete but it could be done. This would keep the file sizes down.
    Google Crunch A Day With Tape - an excellent tutorial there are two tutorials by this author

Publish your work when you are finished.

MTeams
    Thank you for your genius solution.
    I also found the tutorial what you suggested, and there is the "-d" switch, and I think this is what I need! I will test it today/tomorrow.
    d Limits the number of consecutive identical characters (crunch v3.2)
    I do not have enough room on my hdd to generate such a huge file,(I guess this needs lots of GBs) so I use pipe and send it immediately from crunch to aircrack.
    If you mean to publish the wordlist that crunch generates, then I have to buy a 1TB or 2TB external HDD, then generate the file and upload it to somewhere.

Thank you and I will give a feedback after the test.

Quote Originally Posted by backt View Post
    Thank you for your genius solution.
    I also found the tutorial what you suggested, and there is the "-d" switch, and I think this is what I need! I will test it today/tomorrow.
    d Limits the number of consecutive identical characters (crunch v3.2)
    I do not have enough room on my hdd to generate such a huge file,(I guess this needs lots of GBs) so I use pipe and send it immediately from crunch to aircrack.
    If you mean to publish the wordlist that crunch generates, then I have to buy a 1TB or 2TB external HDD, then generate the file and upload it to somewhere.

Thank you and I will give a feedback after the test.
    Using -d switch is not the solution for me, altough it will not repeat each character more than twice (in my case "-d 2") - after each other - , but it will repeat them, - in the whole 8 character long word - more than twice, which is not good for me.

This will not give the aaabcdef variation but it will give aabacdef - and that is what I do not want.

It would be great if crunch can handle repetitions.

So I could tell to crunch not to repeat each character more than "X" times, in my case do not repeat each character more than 2 times.