Thread: How to EFI install Kali Linux (Beginner Ways)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All weekly images iso are EFI supported. Is it week 16 image? I also use rufus and when I select week 16 image rufus automatically use DD mode instead of ISO mode for creating bootable images. Now official 2017.1 tested image is released so you can re-install that.

Show the screenshot of rufus control panel when you select that image.

2. Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    I also use rufus and when I select week 16 image rufus automatically use DD mode instead of ISO mode for creating bootable images.
    Should I leave it at DD mode or select ISO mode? If I pick DD I don't see the actual iso unless I choose (show) 'all files'.

Quote Originally Posted by Make Kali Great Again View Post
    Should I leave it at DD mode or select ISO mode? If I pick DD I don't see the actual iso unless I choose (show) 'all files'.
    It doesn't matter which mode do you choose. As soon as you select the iso image, rufus automatically switches to DD mode which i hate it because i prefer ISO mode. Rufus does the same with 2017.1 iso. Anyway just use DD mode and wait for its completion. Then boot the USB.

4. For partition scheme and target system type I have:
    MBR partition scheme for BIOS and UEFI-CSM
    Is this right?

Rufus didn't allow me to select UEFI alone so I used the above setting in Rufus.
    Last edited by Make Kali Great Again; 2017-04-30 at 23:21.