Thread: (Guide) Installing Nvidia + Bumblebee + CUDA for Optimus enabled Laptops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi there,

First things first, clean up the NIVIDA drivers already installed. I've added sudo for if you are a regular user

sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.65.run --uninstall

The command you linked above does not have the double - before the dkms flag. Use this below

./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.65.run --dkms -z

You don't touch the xorg.conf file at all. You don't need it and generating one under NVIDIA will break your install.

While I'm a huge fan of blackmoreops and his guides, you should not just follow them if you don't know what they are doing.

For example, his guide on NVIDIA is not for optimus platforms and it will break your install.

The easiest way would be to do a fresh install (as I don't know what you have done to your system) and then follow my guide from the start.

It would also be good to see the log here:

/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/340.65/build/make.log
    chown -R us ./base

Just a test

I know this post has nothing to do with this thread, and for that I apologize in advance.

This is just a test
    HTML Code:
    https://securi.net
    website has been blocking my access to advanced post and "preview post" options, I tested this from three different locations on two difference pc's. The only time I did not get blocked was when I chose the "quick reply" option.

I am now connecting through tor browser and it appears to be working accept I have been asked to log in multiple times.