Thread: Terminal Ctrl + Alt + T. I miss it. How to make keyboard shortcuts.

Terminal Ctrl + Alt + T. I miss it. How to make keyboard shortcuts.

One of the first things I noticed when I trying out Kali is the normal shotcut keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T for opening terminal window aren't set by default. Were can I set these? I'm not sure I'm looking for keybindings or hot keys or shortcuts. I looked for it on meta search. Maybe this is Linux n00b question but I've never had a need to set hot keys before.

Anybody done this recently? Command line history? Sreen shot?

if you run gnome versiojust go to > application > system tools > preference > system parameter > keyboard > shortcut > custom shortcut. add name and command (like "gnome-terminal") and click on the new line, when it's blue, do the shortcut Ctrl + alt +T. done!
    if you like BT5 desktop, try to install mate-desktop. maybe you like it

I like kali desktop but What is mate-desktop ?

mate is a "gnome 2" like desktop, it's was used in backtrack 5.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Lightbulb Shortcut for gnome-terminal

Quote Originally Posted by vailixi View Post
    One of the first things I noticed when I trying out Kali is the normal shotcut keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T for opening terminal window aren't set by default. Were can I set these? I'm not sure I'm looking for keybindings or hot keys or shortcuts. I looked for it on meta search. Maybe this is Linux n00b question but I've never had a need to set hot keys before.

check this below link out and you will get your answer
    http://www.hacking-tutorial.com/tips....LZ4GVxpX.dpbs

i don't see "system tools", there are "system services". but no preferences inside. how to complete the task?

Quote Originally Posted by kartaba View Post
    i don't see "system tools", there are "system services". but no preferences inside. how to complete the task?
    Using the latest Kali rolling release on gnome desktop, I found it under the Keyboard applet.

There are several ways to get there, this is just one:
    1. Hit Super (win key), just start typing "settings" and the app should show on the search list.
    2. Launch settings should open "All Settings" window. Listed under Hardware section is Keyboard.
    3. Launch Keyboard applet and scroll to the bottom, there should be a '+' symbol to add custom shortcuts.

I also have the same problem up here I am using kali linux 2016.1 added custom shortcut as mentioned above but not working

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak42 View Post
    Using the latest Kali rolling release on gnome desktop, I found it under the Keyboard applet.

There are several ways to get there, this is just one:
    1. Hit Super (win key), just start typing "settings" and the app should show on the search list.
    2. Launch settings should open "All Settings" window. Listed under Hardware section is Keyboard.
    3. Launch Keyboard applet and scroll to the bottom, there should be a '+' symbol to add custom shortcuts.
    Just to add to this.. when the "Set Custom Shortcut" screen appears, name it whatever you want (probably "Terminal"). The command is "gnome-terminal" without the quotes. Then click on "Set Shortcut". Just press CTRL + ALT + T and close the window.

Quote Originally Posted by vailixi View Post

Just push and hold WIN button and then press key from 1 to 9. Each of these are shortcuts that we see from left sidebar (from up to down). No problem

Quote Originally Posted by kinchan View Post
    if you run gnome versiojust go to > application > system tools > preference > system parameter > keyboard > shortcut > custom shortcut. add name and command (like "gnome-terminal") and click on the new line, when it's blue, do the shortcut Ctrl + alt +T. done!
    if you like BT5 desktop, try to install mate-desktop. maybe you like it
    Thanks, it works