Thread: WPS Pixie Dust Attack (Offline WPS Attack)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @soxrok2212
    Thank you for the explaination. I'll be sure to study the subject thoroughly when I'll have a bit more time. I'm a bit busy at them moment

Anyway, while we're waiting for someone able to modifiy reaver/bully, I've made a little program.

For now it just tries to bruteforce the PIN going throught all 20'000 combination (it doesn't use the checksum for now), assuming ES1 = ES2 = 0. Just feed it all the things needed:
    - PKe
    - PKr
    - AuthKey
    - E-Hash1
    - E-Hash2

Tried on a TP-LINK (Ralink) and it just works. Bongard was right.

<link removed>

Here's a sample image:

EDIT: added the image properly. Removed link.
    Last edited by wiire; 2015-03-21 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by wiire View Post
    @soxrok2212
    Thank you for the explaination. I'll be sure to study the subject thoroughly when I'll have a bit more time. I'm a bit busy at them moment

Anyway, while we're waiting for someone able to modifiy reaver/bully, I've made a little program.

For now it just tries to bruteforce the PIN going throught all 20'000 combination (it doesn't use the checksum for now), assuming ES1 = ES2 = 0. Just feed it all the things needed:
    - PKe
    - PKr
    - AuthKey
    - E-Hash1
    - E-Hash2

pixiewps

Here's a sample image:

EDIT: added the image properly.
    Wonderful! Unfortunately I don't have any ralink devices to test :[ but I will certainly test with some broadcom routers which have low entropy after boot. If you could contact me via email (my [email protected]) or Skype (click that little symbol under my name) that would be great! I'm working with a few other people and I'm hoping we can use your knowledge and ralink PoC and incorporate it into a complete project. Thanks again wiire!!
    Last edited by soxrok2212; 2015-03-19 at 13:24.

WoW

I am so glad to see this screenshot
    The first "public" pixie dust attack... "sometimes dreams comes true"
    Great job wiire ....

For the cheksum maybe the fastest will be to have a full pin diccionnary and just "grep" (grab) from the file the second half for PSK2 brute force instead of genrating the cheksum live.
    I do not want to make you loose your time, i am very bad at maths and with number.
    i get the process but i have difficulties to "see concretly the element involved"
    I will try and have a look at your code to try to understand but i do not know C

Would you mind to tell me (us) in this example which part of "auth key" is used for genrating the HMAC256 (e-hash) ?
    i guess it is the same lenght that is used to create the string for PKE and PKR and that the process is the same... could you confirm that to me?

Could you tel us also which tp-link model is it concretly and the wifi chipset that it uses?
    Could you pass me a probe response from your routeur? i would like to start a kind of data base for everybody where we list affceted devices.

Thank you for sharing with us your work and congratulation
    Last edited by kcdtv; 2015-03-19 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by wiire View Post
    @soxrok2212

- PKe
    - PKr
    - AuthKey
    - E-Hash1
    - E-Hash2

<link removed>

Here's a sample image:

EDIT: added the image properly. Removed link.
    Can u post a mirror of the link?
    Thanks

Can u post a mirror of the link?
    Thanks