Thread: Issues with clipboard

Post Issues with clipboard

Recently, I discovered that my clipboard isn't functioning properly in Kali Linux (I'm running on real hardware, not a VM). The ability to right click and copy works just fine, but whenever I try to paste I get nothing. The same goes for (Shift)+Ctrl+C, (Shift)+Ctrl+V. However, I've found that when I highlight text and middle click while in the terminal, the highlighted text will paste itself. My clipboard preferences include "Use Copy (Ctrl-C)". "Use Primary (Selection)", and "Synchronize Clipboards". I have "Automatically paste selected item" disabled. That being said, I've tried different combinations of all of these to no avail. And on top of that, Google hasn't helped much as the search results I get are about a shared clipboard between Windows and a VM. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Never heard of that shortcut on the mouse to copy the text. There might be some settings that you can change to do that (edit a configuration file).

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_X View Post
    some settings that you can change to do that (edit a configuration file).
    Thank you, this works for me now. I really appriciate the help!
    Fe Godwn Ni Eto!