Thread: How uninstall penetration tools and only use regular apps as a normal desktop?

How uninstall penetration tools and only use regular apps as a normal desktop?

Hi! Everybody

I want to use kali as a normal desktop without the penetration tools, and only have the regular apps of a normal desktop with the patches and modifications of kali. Is there a metapackage or script that I can run to get the penetration tools uninstalled? or do I have to uninstall every thing manually? I like how secure kali is, but I do not need the penetration extra apps. I have a specific PC that runs the complete distro already. Thanks for your time and help in advance. Have a nice day.

Hi,
    Im new to all that Linux Stuff and didn't know the differences in all that distros, but liked the Kali distro - installed it many times over the last weeks new
    and learned the basics for me.
    during the installation of all possible desktops (to look how they are) I installed them with
    sudo tasksel
    in Terminal - it opens a selection of desktops available and tools/ metapackages
    there you can mark/unmark Your selections whats to be installed - as I discovered, everything you unmark will be removed

a second way is to do it with
    sudo apt-get autoremove "Name of package"

see the Kali Page Metapackages page what are the names of the tool packages

During install sudo tasksel, more specific instructions please

Can you be more specific, about the steps for ruining the command sudo tasksel during installation, please. Thanks for your time and help. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by dustednoob View Post
    Hi,
    Im new to all that Linux Stuff and didn't know the differences in all that distros, but liked the Kali distro - installed it many times over the last weeks new
    and learned the basics for me.
    during the installation of all possible desktops (to look how they are) I installed them with
    sudo tasksel
    in Terminal - it opens a selection of desktops available and tools/ metapackages
    there you can mark/unmark Your selections whats to be installed - as I discovered, everything you unmark will be removed

a second way is to do it with
    sudo apt-get autoremove "Name of package"

see the Kali Page Metapackages page what are the names of the tool packages

search for "tasksel" and/or "kali tasksel" or "linux tasksel" you find some examples
    i am not sure if i'm right, but i think the tasksel program is just a kind of terminal frontend package installer

just start it by typing "sudo tasksel" into terminal - it opens a message box where you can select/deselect the packages you want to install or delete

you can't do something wrong by starting it - just look and if you a not sure to do changes you can exit without any changes.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel (perhaps that helps some more to use tasksel)

:-)