Thread: Reaver modfication for Pixie Dust Attack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinit2512 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Got the logic. Apparently None of the 3 Pins was correct. All tries led to LockOut. PixieWPS also not working on RTL8671. Normal Reaver attack stops @11th pin, and after that "25 Successive Start Failures". Is RTL8671 Un-hackable? ***i am going to lose the bet**
    The RTL8671 is certainly different. It is a SoC (System on Chip) which means pretty much everything is done on that chip... different than your average AP. SoC are generally found in DSL+Cable+Fiber/Router combo devices which leads me to think that they use a different PRNG.

The good news: When I first noticed the static E-Nonce on Realtek devices it kinda told me that their implementation was insecure. Again, seeing a strange nonce following the XX:XX:00:00 pattern, it leads me to think their implementation here is broken also. Wiire and I are looking at it and if we can't find anything, I'll talk with Dominique Bongard. All great people to work with and I love having the pleasure of being able to

--I will move to the Pixie Dust thread since this is does not pertain to Reaver
    Last edited by soxrok2212; 2015-06-03 at 15:15.