Quote Originally Posted by scoyok View Post
I suspected that was the case. Yes! This guide is actually specifically for rolling release! Its in the title Running this tutorial in Sana is quite complex, there are many source issues, actually one of the first steps is to swap your sources to the rolling release and apt-get a few packages then switch back. The versions and compatability of the Sana sources are VERY different, on just enough of the packages, that Slick and I found no other way to install this on Sana. As was the case for many before us, we simply had the advantage of gr-gsm being released, 2016.1 releasing and pure determination. We haven't released the Sana tutorial yet because there are soooo many variables between environments i.e. drivers, version etc.... that we simply do not have the time to offer support (yet) and are working on a few additions to this tutorial, a rainbow tables tutorial and we are both dads with overtime based careers.

Best advice, start at the top of the tutorial and read every word with a fresh install of Kali 2016.1 rolling release and it will work. Capture all your logs and if you hit a snag let us know!

Between the both us and those emailing us, this tutorial has been successfull more times than I have time to count! If you find anything you think we should add post it!

Bests,

Scott
As Scott stated this tutorial is mainly for kali 2016.1 rolling release. I am putting together all the steps needed for the different packages needed to compile the gsm decoding. There are several packages that have dependencies that are from the rolling release but are backwards compatible with kali 2.0 sana. Sorry i have not got them up yet, have a pregnant wife, and a sick daughter on top of work so free time has been very scarce lately, should have some this weekend and get the package differences up so you run it on Kali 2.0 too. I am not in front of my main machine but if i am not mistaken the error you are getting is from one of the packages that is required from the rolling release repository. Easiest way to find out is to add the rolling release repository to your /etc/apy/sources.lst file then use synaptic(kde) or package manager for (gnome) and refresh the list and check for the newer version. Just install the one package needed and re-edit the sources.lst and refresh your packages again or it will show alot of packages from rolling release. Some of the new packages dont play nice together, However i just did a complete fresh install of kali rolling release on a test machine and was able to complete the tutorial without any issue
Will try and get exact details of the packages up this weekend.

Bryon