Thread: GSM Capturing, Decoding with USRP and SDR in Kali Linux Rolling Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krysiek View Post
    I have found something like grgsm_livemon.py and and grgsm_capture.py in gr-gsm\apps\helpers directory. When I run it,t works. Is this ok or should it be not the *.py files? I gues its python script.

Might it be that the autor of grgsm is not distributing those missing airprobe files?

regards
    Its possible, unlikely though, as the creator of gr-gsm (piotr) is one of the original airprobe creators and has been in contact with me since the publishing of this tutorial. If you could stand waiting about 15 hours, Bryon (slick) the co writer of this tutorial is coming to stay with me sat to sun and we will run through a fresh run of the tutorial and see if we can re create your issue and solve it. My gut is still telling me something failed in your make of the gr-gsm directories. This is a touchy process as we are directory basing c++ over python, controlled by a python heirarchy....ugh. One error may have flashed before your screen during the make but not stopped it or was ignored and without the log file it will be hard to find, but not impossible! Give us a day! We will get back to you here!

Quote Originally Posted by scoyok View Post
    Its possible, unlikely though, as the creator of gr-gsm (piotr) is one of the original airprobe creators and has been in contact with me since the publishing of this tutorial. If you could stand waiting about 15 hours, Bryon (slick) the co writer of this tutorial is coming to stay with me sat to sun and we will run through a fresh run of the tutorial and see if we can re create your issue and solve it. My gut is still telling me something failed in your make of the gr-gsm directories. This is a touchy process as we are directory basing c++ over python, controlled by a python heirarchy....ugh. One error may have flashed before your screen during the make but not stopped it or was ignored and without the log file it will be hard to find, but not impossible! Give us a day! We will get back to you here!
    Okay through nunerous attempts, I cannot re create your error. So my only suggestion at this point is to run it again and capture your log so I may be able to assist you further. Sorry wish I could help more with what you have. I will be without internet access for the the next few weeks but I will to my best to stay in touch via my phone.

Bests
    Last edited by scoyok; 2016-04-02 at 01:47.