Thread: Kali Rolling 2016.1 & 2016.2 Audio issue? Speaker Built-in audio not loud enough?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by recky View Post
    Permanent Fix : systemctl --user enable pulseaudio && systemctl --user start pulseaudio
    and reboot.
    Yeah.... that didn't work i got errors at first.. the command finally worked for me like it did below however.......

h3xcmd@kali:~$ systemctl --user enable pulseaudio && systemctl --user start pulseaudio
    h3xcmd@kali:~$

only after I

sudo apt-get remove gnome-alsamixer
    sudo apt-get remove alsa-utils
    sudo apt-get remove alsamixer

I restarted and still nothing No sound.. I'm not playing with the Root Account. If I log into the root account Pulse audio says there is no built in audio devices in settings/ sound.

I made a admin user account "H3xCmd" and only then pulseaudio says I have built in speakers and its only after I install gnome-alsamixer alsa-utils and alsamixer that I can have some level of settings to adjust the mute and volume. Its only the "Headphone" channel that is mixed up with the Speaker channel so If "headphone" is muted then there is no sound from the built in speaker. Once un-muted "headphone" i get sound out of the built in speakers, the settings adjustments ONLY for the "Headphone" channel do not save on reboot/log-out, everything else saves and Its a pain but livable workaround to have sound with Kali Rolling 2016.2 to open up alsa mixer and adjust the sound every time I start a session. this really suxx because in the past I never experienced these issues.

I also discovered a Brightness issue as well. the Fn+ F12/F11 do not work and the slider at the top right doesnt either.. BASH cmd does however... look Ill run through a clean install again and ill check back in a few and run through the suggested Perm fix command.

its just frustrating, I am actually thinking about going backwards to Kali 2.0 or BT5 R3 Geeze when simple things worked right you know..
    Last edited by H3xCmd; 2016-09-13 at 17:09.