Thread: Revert to Classic Command Line Login

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    this way you have to give usename and password twice. Once in command line and second time when you start gdm3. i want the same way like BT R3 login via command line and startx....... game on..... anybody knows how to??????

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    this way you have to give usename and password twice. Once in command line and second time when you start gdm3. i want the same way like BT R3 login via command line and startx....... game on..... anybody knows how to??????
    Do it the way I have it in the the initial post. If you edit the daemon as shown in Step 2, you'll only have to login once. I've added the additional, optional Step 3 to use classic startx to run gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by testingresults View Post
    Do it the way I have it in the the initial post. If you edit the daemon as shown in Step 2, you'll only have to login once. I've added the additional, optional Step 3 to use classic startx to run gnome.
    Man my /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf file already (default) having this code
    [daemon]
    # Enabling automatic login
    AutomaticLoginEnable = true
    AutomaticLogin = root

now what to change in it its already the same that you described. I have to login twice one time in terminal and one time graphical do you have any other solution for it???

ooopss sorry guys i forgot to remove the # in the begining its working 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    ooopss sorry guys i forgot to remove the # in the begining its working 100%

No big deal, we all make mistakes.

Would you mind editing your first post to include this, though? A lot of users don't go past the first page.