Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
I downloaded the live vversion of Kali linux and burnt it using Rufus, while doing so I change the persistence partition to 57 GB which should be more than enough as a persistent parition to hold the information
Problem remains that every time I restart and get into Kali again, and I perfrom apt-get update or apt-get upgrade it keeps updating the same files over and over again, not to mention that I tried to ap-get install terminator and bunch of other packages and it gave me the following
reading package lists...Error!
E:write error - write (28: no space left on device)
E:IO Error saving source cache
E: thr package list or status file could not be parsed or opened

I'm guessing my kali isn't saving to the persistent partition, how do I change that?

Regards

One of the easiest things I can tell you setting up a live Kali would be to use Rufus, as you already have. However, if memory serves correct, there should be a check box to enable persistence and a slider to determine how much space to dedicate to persistence. I would suggest using those and remember to choose the Live Persistence option from the boot menu every time you boot up, and only that boot option. You don't need a huge persistence partition, as this is mainly used to hold your files and settings configuration between boot ups, so you may be giving up too much to the persistence partition and not leaving enough for the boot partition. Give it a try, and if you still have a problem, we can diagnose from there.