Hi all,

I have downloaded the kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64.iso file and burned this to DVD to test.
This is working perfectly.

I have a large USB stick which has Grub 1.99-21 installed and boots several other ISO images into live such as Ubuntu 10.04.

I have googled on and off for over a week now looking for a working method of booting into Kali Live using the Kali ISO and Grub but have been unable to find anything which boots to a kali desktop.
Im no grub wizard but I can usually find something to suit most occasions with some patient googling.

The resulting menuentry I have for Kali as as follows:

Code:
menuentry "Kali Linux 1.0.5 64bit" {
set isofile="/ISO/kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64.iso"
loopback loop $isofile
	linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz boot=live iso-scan/filename=$isofile noconfig=sudo username=root hostname=kali
	initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
}
This results in what appears to be a partial boot but the system pauses for about a minute with the message
Code:
FAT-fs (sdb1): utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, Filesystem will be case sensitive!
The system then displays the "Please file a bug against the 'live-boot' package screen with the error "Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"
Modprobe: module ehci-orion not found in modules.dep

then "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off"

If anyone can offer helpful input with this I would be very grateful as this is driving me demented!

Cheers
Dusty