Hello. I know this is posted EVERYWHERE in this forum, but everything I'm finding isn't really helping me, especially with the newest versions of NetHunter/Android.

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) with a known working OTG cable (it's worked with other non-WiFi USB adapters) and a known working TL-WN722N USB WiFi adapter.

If I attach the USB adapter to the Nexus, it seems to show up using "lsusb" and (most of the time) it is recognized as wlan1. However, when I attempt to put the device into monitor mode through WiFite, "iwconfig" or using "airmon-ng" the device locks up and reboots. I'm not using a Y OTG cable as I don't have one.

• The Nexus is running Android 4.4.4 (I had issues installing 5.x).
• The NetHunter launcher says version 1.0 - built by vx at 2015-07-09
• "uname -a" from the NetHunter shell reports
Code:
Linux kali 3.4.0-Kali-gdce1b01 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 10 1105:19 EDT 2015 armv71 GNU/Linux
• About this tablet reports
Code:
3.4.0-Kali-gdce1b01 root@kali #1 Mon Aug 10 11:05:19 EDT 2015
Build Number
Code:
KTU84P
I'm curious about what to expect. A lot of reports are saying that this should work without an OTG-Y Cable when using Android 4.4.4, but then there are so many posts on this topic and I don't understand enough on this topic to properly discern what information is worth reading or what's to old. I am willing to downgrade to earlier builds of Android if that will fix the issue. Should I try stumbling through compiling my own kernel with specific flags set to get this working? My goal is to not have to use an external power source in conjunction with the tablet/USB dongle.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!