Everything else works great but I've been torturing myself for a day trying to get the sound to work on my Chromebook. One other user seemed to have had the same problem but the post was from a year ago and a different version of a ARM based (Chromebook) Kali. Thinking it's a problem on my end I tried everything before posting. I've uninstalled and re-installed alsa-base, pulseaudio, puvcontrol, messed with the alsamixer, updated and upgraded the distro, et cetera but no dice.

The custom image I used: https://www.offensive-security.com/k...mage-download/ (under Chromebooks)

One funky thing I've noticed that when I enter alsamixer, the some volume controls (such as stereo - the important ones) are locked to 00 (not mute) but highlighted red. You can't raise the volume.

I've flashed two micro SD cards back-to-back to make sure I started off fresh to determine the problem, if any. I don't think it's an hardware issue because the audio in ChromeOS works fine. Anyone else encounter the same problem?